Student Visa 500 For Australia - Advice and Assistance - VisaConnect
 学生签证 - 澳洲
 Share This Page:

Student Visa - Australia

Student Visa Australia

Student Enrolment Assistance

  • VisaConnect's Advisers are qualified Education Agents (Counsellors), who can assist you with your study options in Australia. We help you to select a course based on your preferences for location eg. Sydney or Brisbane, Type of course eg. Engineering at Bachelors level, English language ability, Educational background and Financial capacity.

  • We assist you with the Student course enrolment application forms and find you accommodation in student housing, homestay or private apartments.

  • For more information and assistance with your Student course enrolment, read about our Education Agent service: Education Agent Assistance

Student 500 Visa

The Student visa allows students to travel to Australia and study full time at recognised Educational Institutions, in Australia, and work part time.

Genuine Temporary Entrant

The Australian Educational Institution and the Department of Home Affairs must be satisfied that the student is a Genuine Temporary Entrant (GTE). Factors taken into account to determine if the student is a GTE are:

1. Circumstances in home country (or country of residence) - Reasons why the student has decided not to study in their home country if a similar course is available there. Details of ties to their home country that indicate an intention to return at the end of their studies, economic circumstances, military service commitmanets, and political and civil unrest in home country.

2. Potential circumstances in Australia - Ties and links to Australia which would indicate a strong incentive to stay in Australia after completion of the course, knowledge of proposed course of study and education provider, previous study and qualifications, planned accommodation and financial capacity.

3. Value of the course to the applicant's future - Question is whether the course is consistent with the applicant's current level of education, relevance to past or proposed future employment in home country or elsewhere, and expected remuneration in home country or elsewhere, which could be gained from undertaking the course of study, in Australia.

4. The applicant's immigration history - History of previous visa applications to Australia and other countries including visa refusals and cancellations.

5. If the applicant is a minor - Intentions of the parents, legal guardian or spouse of the applicant.

Visa Eligibility

As well as providing evidence that the applicant is a Genuine Temporary Entrant, the applicant must also meet the eligibility criteria below:

  • Enrolment - You must be enrolled in a recognised course, and include your Confirmation of Enrolment (COE) from the Australian Educational Institution, for each intended course.

  • English Language ability - You must provide evidence of English language ability, such as an IELTS test results.

  • English Exemption - No evidence of English ability is needed if they have enrolled in a standalone English Language Intensive Course for Overseas Students (ELICOS) or have completed at least five years’ study in one or more of the following countries: Australia, UK, USA, Canada, New Zealand, South Africa, or the Republic of Ireland, or is a citizen of UK, USA, Canada, NZ orIreland, or have completed a Secondary School certificate or Certificate IV in Australia.

  • Financial requirements - the student applicant needs to show evidence that they have enough funds available to pay for their course fees, travel and living costs and support any accompanying family.

  • Health and Character - You must meet health and character requirements and maintain Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) Insurance.

Student Visa Conditions

Mandatory Conditions - These conditions are attached to all student visas. For example, you must not work, you must have a satisfactory academic result, attend contact hours and maintain health insurance.

Discretionary Conditions - These conditions may be attached to a student visa depending on the circumstances. For example, if you are granted permission to work - then the condition will state, 'you must not work more than 20 hours a week during your course session'.

Student Guardian 590 Visa

The Student Guardian visa allows a guardian, such as a parent of an international student, to stay in Australia while the student is studying a course in Australia.

  • Student Guardian means a relative of the Applicant who is traveling to Australia to provide care and support for a student visa holder under 18 years.

  • Student Guardian must be over 21 years of age and of good character.

  • Student Guardian must meet health and financial requirements.

  • Student Guardian accompanies a student under 18 years of age.

  • Guardian must live with the student and the Guardian cannot work.

  • Guardian must meet the financial requirement, and provide evidence of funds to support yourself, and the student.


Registered Migration Agents Member of American Immigration Lawyers Association MIA Licensed New Zealand Immigration Advisers UK OISC Immigration Adviser Qualified Education Agents