+44 0207 193 2327 (UK)
+61 03 9015 7918 (Australia)
+852 8191 5561 (Hong Kong)
Student Visa - Australia
Student Enrolment Assistance
Student 500 Visa
The Student visa allows students to travel to Australia and study full time at recognised Educational Institutions, in Australia, and work part time.
Genuine Temporary Entrant
The Australian Educational Institution and the Department of Home Affairs must be satisfied that the student is a Genuine Temporary Entrant (GTE). Factors taken into account to determine if the student is a GTE are:
1. Circumstances in home country (or country of residence) - Reasons why the student has decided not to study in their home country if a similar course is available there. Details of ties to their home country
that indicate an intention to return at the end of their studies, economic circumstances, military service commitmanets, and political and civil unrest in home country.
2. Potential circumstances in Australia - Ties and links to Australia which would indicate a strong incentive to stay in Australia after completion of the course, knowledge of proposed course of study and education provider,
previous study and qualifications, planned accommodation and financial capacity.
3. Value of the course to the applicant's future - Question is whether the course is consistent with the applicant's current level of education, relevance to past or proposed future employment in home country or elsewhere, and expected remuneration in home country or elsewhere, which could be gained from undertaking the course of study, in Australia.
4. The applicant's immigration history - History of previous visa applications to Australia and other countries including visa refusals and cancellations.
5. If the applicant is a minor - Intentions of the parents, legal guardian or spouse of the applicant.
As well as providing evidence that the applicant is a Genuine Temporary Entrant, the applicant must also meet the eligibility criteria below:
Student Visa Conditions
Mandatory Conditions - These conditions are attached to all student visas. For example, you must not work, you must have a satisfactory academic result, attend
contact hours and maintain health insurance.
Discretionary Conditions - These conditions may be attached to a student visa depending on the circumstances. For example, if you are granted permission to work -
then the condition will state, 'you must not work more than 20 hours a week during your course session'.
Student Guardian 590 Visa
The Student Guardian visa allows a guardian, such as a parent of an international student, to stay in Australia while the student is studying a course in Australia.