Table of Contents
- Background and Guide - Malta Permanent Residence
- Why apply for Malta Residency by Investment, in 2023?
- Eligibility Criteria - Malta Permanent Residency by Investment Program
- Benefits of Malta Permanent Residency Program (MPRP)
- Malta MPRP Brochures and Malta Citizenship by Investment Assistance
- Frequently Asked Questions - FAQ - Malta Residency - MPRP
Background and Guide - Malta Permanent Residence
The Republic of Malta, a full EU member since 2004, is strategically located to provide services to the international community. Malta an English-speaking country, has built upon the commercial laws of England and now the EU, to position itself as a premier family wealth, corporate and financial services jurisdiction.
With robust, competitive taxation rules, Malta has achieved sustained economic growth. Such growth is not solely the result of Malta's tax and fiscal policies, but there are other important factors such as a multilingual workforce, lower labour costs, a strategic location and a sound telecommunications infrastructure. As a result, there has been an influx of interest from investors, high net worth individuals and corporations, who desire a stable, reputable environment in which to structure their personal and corporate affairs - as well as to reside.
Now in 2023, it is possible to apply for High Net Worth Immigration to Malta (Malta Residency by Investment) to acquire Malta Permanent Residency (Malta Golden Visa), which allows the applicant and his family to live, work, and study on the incredible island of Malta through Purchase or Rental of Property (Real Estate in Malta) and a financial contribution! Contact our Malta Immigration Consultants and Lawyers by telephone or visit us in our offices in Brisbane, Australia, Singapore, Hong Kong, London, UK and Lisbon, Portugal.
Why apply for Malta Residency by Investment, in 2023?
- EU Country - Since 2004, Malta has been a member of the European Union (EU) and OECD and is a highly respected country. Citizenship of Malta offers the right to live, work and study in any of the 28 EU countries and Switzerland. Also, you can benefit from Free movement of People, Goods, Services and Capital, within the EU.
- Location - Near Italy, and 2 hours flight time to Germany, and 3 hours flight to London, UK.
- Banking System - A+ Credit Country Rating by Poors, Moodys and Fitch. Rated as the 10th Soundest Banking system in the world.
- English language - English is an official language.
- GDP - In 2021, the Maltese economy rebounded strongly by 10.4%, thanks to improved business and consumer sentiment and growth in investment and services exports. In 2022, real GDP growth is forecast to reach 4.9%, which is higher than projected in spring, given the expected stronger gains in the services sector.
- Low Unemployment Rate - The unemployment rate in Malta dropped to 3.2 percent in the first quarter of 2022, from 4 percent in the corresponding period of the previous year. The number of unemployed fell by 1,716 to 9,090 while the number of employed increased by 11,442 to 274,493.
- Work Permit - Resident may apply for Work Permit, under ordinary labour laws.
- No World-wide Taxation - Income arising in Malta or foreign income brought into Malta is subject to ordinary tax rules of Malta (progressive income tax bands). Income not received in Malta is not taxed in Malta (0% tax on foreign capital gains). Malta has over 70+ Double Taxation Treaties.
- Residency Requirements - Allowed an absence of 6 consecutive months or 10 months in 5-year period.