Student Visa UK

UK Immigration Lawyers - Student Visa Advice

Our UK Immigration Lawyers are experienced, ethical, and members of the Law Society of England and Wales. They can assist clients in our offices in Brisbane, Australia, Singapore, Hong Kong and London, UK! In addition, our United Kingdom qualified Lawyers can advise clients worldwide, with a fast and efficient Consultation by telephone, where they advise you about:
Contact VisaConnect's UK Immigration Lawyers in 2022 for advice and assistance with your United Kingdom Student Visa application!

Student Visa UK - Eligibility

To be eligible for the UK Student visa, you must meet the following eligibility criteria:

1. Offered Place - You have been offered an unconditional place in a course.

2. English Ability - You have a good standard of English ability, and have sat an English test. You need a test score in CEFR level B2 if you are studying at a degree level or higher. If you are not studying at a degree level, then you need to sit the SELT test in reading, writing, listening and speaking and score CEFR level B1.

3. Funds - You have sufficient funds available to support and accommodate yourself and pay for your course.

4. Non - UK Resident - If you are an EU, EEA or Swiss citizen, you and your family can apply to the EU Settlement Scheme to continue living in the UK after 30 June 2021. You can also apply if you are the family member of an eligible person of Northern Ireland. If your application is successful, you will be granted a settled or pre-settled status. The EEA includes the EU countries and also Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway. In addition, Applicants may be able to stay in the UK without applying - for example, if you are an Irish citizen or already have indefinite leave to remain.

Course you can study on Student Visa

You can study the following type of course:

Money needed to get Student Visa

Applicants must have enough money to pay for their course and support themselves in the UK, including the following money:

Course fee - You need enough money to pay for your course for 1 academic year (up to 9 months). The amount you need to pay will be specified on your Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS). If you have been in the UK with a valid visa for at least 12 months, you do not need to prove you have this money for your visa application.

Money to support yourself (financial requirements) - Applicants must show they have enough money to support themselves - unless you have been in the UK with a valid visa for at least 12 months on the date of your application. The amount of money you need depends on where you will be studying. You will need either:

What is the Student visa Application process?

1. CAS - Once you have been offered a place in a course, your Education Provider will send you a reference number called a Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS).

2. Fingerprints - Once you have received your CAS, you can apply online for the UK Student visa. You will then need to have your fingerprints and photograph taken at a visa application centre (to get a biometric residence permit) as part of your application.

3. Biometric Residence Permit - Collect your biometric residence permit within 10 days of when you said you would arrive in the UK (even if you arrive at a later date).

4. Time to Apply - The earliest you can apply for a UK Student visa is 3 months before you start your course. Usually, you will get a decision on your visa within 3 weeks.

5. Pay Healthcare Surcharge

6. Stay Duration - You can arrive in the UK, up to 1 week before your course starts, if your course lasts 6 months or less, and up to 1 month before your course start date, if your course lasts more than 6 months. The duration of your stay depends on the type of course you will study.

Post-Study Work Visa - effective from 1 July 2021

The new Post-Study Work Visa for the UK will be officially open for applications on 1 July 2021. This visa will allow international students to remain in the UK for two or three years, after successful completion of their studies.

Applicants on student visas would not require a Job offer to stay in the UK after completing their studies. The applicants would be free to remain in the UK unsponsored with no need to meet certain salary requirements, for example, when finding work to stay in the country. In addition, there will also be no caps on number of international students who will be allowed to stay under this route.

The new "Graduate" route will be open to all international students, including those from India, who have valid UK immigration status as a student and have successfully completed a course of study in any subject at undergraduate level (Bachelor's degree) or above at an approved UK Higher Education Provider. The visa will allow eligible students to work, or look for work, in any career or position of their choice, for two years after completing their studies.

After two years on the Post-Study Work visa, in the UK, the applicants will be able to switch onto the skilled work visa if they find a job which meets the skill requirement of the route.

The visa will offer opportunities to work or look for work after graduating. However, unlike the route which closed in 2012, this new route will also include safeguards to ensure only genuine, credible students are eligible.

The Home Office amended its guidance in June 2021 to extend that deadline for students to be present in the UK by June 21 to qualify for the Graduate route to September 27. The Home Office said: “Applicants who began their studies in Autumn 2020 have until September 27, 2021, to enter the UK with permission as a Student (updated from the previous date of June 21, 2021) in order to be eligible to apply to the Graduate route. Students who began their studies in January or February 2021 will need to be in the UK by September 27, 2021."

Indian Students are Applying for UK Student Visas, as at 16 June 2021

The post-study graduate route for students, which was announced in September 2019, will certainly add to the attraction of the country as an overseas education destination for Indian students, especially since some of the other popular education destinations such as Australia and New Zealand have closed their intake to Indians since the pandemic started.

"Our universities are global institutions which thrive on the contribution of international students, including thosefrom India", aBritish High Commission spokesperson in Delhi said. The graduate route will allow eligible international students - including those from india - who have completed undergraduate and Master's degrees to stay for two yearsand those who have completed PhD courses to stay for three years to work or look for work in the UK.

Numbers, too, show an increasing interest in studying in the UK among Indian students. According to the latest immigration statistics from the UK government, over 56,000 Indian students were issued visas to study in the country between April 1, 2020, and March 31, 2021 – a 13% increase over the previous year.

Student Visa UK Label
Registered Migration Agents Australia Member of American Immigration Lawyers Association MIA Migration Agent Member UK OISC Immigration Adviser Qualified Education Agents