+44 0207 193 2327 (UK)
+61 03 9015 7918 (Australia)
+852 8191 5561 (Hong Kong)
Our Australian Immigration Lawyers and Registered Migration Agents are experienced and ethical. We can assist clients in our offices in Melbourne or Brisbane, Australia and in Hong Kong.
In addition, our Australian qualified Lawyers can advise clients worldwide, with a fast and efficient Consultation by telephone or skype where they advise you about:
Contact VisaConnect's Australian Immigration Lawyers and Migration Agents in 2020 for advice and assistance with your Skilled Migration visa application!
1. Nominate an occupation - listed on the Skills Occupation List, which is relevant to your education and employment background. Each occupation must have an ANZSCO Code, such as:
Accountant (General) - ANZSCO Code: 221111
Electrical Engineer - ANZSCO Code: 233311
Registered Nurse nec - ANZSCO Code: 254499
2. MLTSSL List - To be eligible for the 189 visa, the selected occupations must be listed on the Medium and Long-term Strategic Skills List (MLTSSL).
3. Skills Assessment - Suitable skills assessment in that occupation confirming that their qualifications and recent work experience have
been recognised by the Australian authority. Skills assessments authorities assess applicant's educational qualifications and work experience and if their skills are recognised, they determine that the
applicant is 'suitable for migration'.
There are a wide range of Skills Assessment Authorities that cover different occupations. For example, Accountants and Auditors would be assessed by either:
Institute of Public Accountants
Chartered Accountants Australia New Zealand
4. Expression of Interest (EOI) - apply for an Expression of Interest on the SkillSelect online service, which includes information about your Age, Qualifications, Skills Assessment, Work experience and a points score is calculated. No actual evidence is required, at this stage. The EOI is valid for 2 years.
5. Invitation - If you are invited to apply for skilled migration, you will receive an Invitation from SkillSelect. You will have 60 days to make your visa application.
6. Online Visa Application - Apply online by completing Forms, and providing evidence to support the claims made in your Expression of Interest. Usually, you will upload certified copies of Identity documents (passport, Birth certificates etc.), and any other relevant information.
7. Health examination - Undergo a medical examination, Chest x ray and blood tests with an Australian Panel Doctor, in your city and country.
8. Character requirements - Apply for Police Clearance certificates in every country you and your spouse have lived in for 12 months or more, in the last 10 years.
Age - Must be Aged between 18 - 44 years. Maximum points available are for ages between 25 - 32 years but less points are still available for other age ranges.
English Language Ability - Points are available depending on your English level, which is determine by sitting an English test, such as IELTS. This tests knowledge in: Speaking, Listening, Reading and Writing. Levels of English ability are: Competent (IELTS 6.0) or Proficient (IELTS 7.0) or Superior (IELTS 8.0).
Qualifications - Points are awarded for qualifications, with the maximum points available for a Bachelors degree and Phd.
Skilled Employment - Points are awarded for work experience in your skilled occupation, based on duration of time in employment: 3, 5 or more than 8 years.
Australian Study - Points are available for a degree, diploma or trade qualification awarded by an Australian educational institution.
Meet all the visa eligibility requirements for the Skilled Independent visa, as stated above.
To be eligible for the 190 visa, the selected occupations must be listed on the Short-term Skilled Occupation List (STSOL).
Nomination by an Australian state or territory government agency, and your occupation must be listed on the State/Territory government Skills Occupation List.
Comply with residential conditions that are specified by the relevant state or territory government in the nomination.
There will be two new skilled regional provisional visas introduced in November 2019:
Holders of the new skilled regional provisional visas will need to live and work in regional Australia. Visas will be granted with a validity period of up to five years.
Holders of the new skilled regional provisional visas will be able to apply for a Permanent Residence visa. The Permanent Residence (Skilled Regional) Visa will commence in November 2022.
To be eligible for permanent residence, holders of the new skilled regional provisional visas will need to demonstrate they have lived and worked in regional Australia while holding one of the new Skilled Regional Provisional visa.
1. This is a temporary visa, but is a route to applying for permanent residence, with a skilled visa.
2. Engineering Graduates - This visa allows recent engineering graduates of eligible universities to gain up to 18 months of skilled work experience in their occupation.
3. Age - Must be younger than 31 years of age.
4. Engineering Qualification - Completed one of the following eligible engineering qualifications, in the past 2 years:
5. Major Sequence of Study - The qualification must contain a major sequence of study or specialisation in Engineering, including: Civil Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Structural Engineering, Mechanical Engineering etc.) from a recognised institution.
6. English language Ability - IELTS Score of at least 6.0, but you are exempt from sitting the English test if you are a citizen and holding a passport of the UK, Canada, NZ or the US.