Table of Contents
- Portugal Sephardic Jews Law - Ministry of Justice Decree-Law No 30-A / 2015, Feb. 27
- History of Sephardic Jews of Portugal
- Ladino Language Spoken by Descendants of Portuguese Sephardic Jews
- Eligibility Criteria for Foreign Naturalization as a Descendant of Portuguese Sephardic Jews
- Evidentiary Conditions - Portugal Sephardic Citizenship
- Proof of Descendants of Sephardic Jews of Portugal
- Lisbon Jewish Community Application
- Portugal Ministry Application and Submission
- Portuguese Citizenship Granted to Descendants of Sephardic Jews
- Portugal Changes Law - Connection to Portugal Required - 1 September 2022
- Portugal Golden Visa, Portugal Property and Citizenship for Sephardic Jews
- Office Address and Telephone - VisaConnect Portugal
- Useful Links - Portugal Citizenship for Sephardic Jews
- Frequently Asked Questions - FAQ - Portugal Citizenship
Portugal Sephardic Jews Law - Ministry of Justice Decree-Law No 30-A / 2015, Feb. 27
Sephardic Jews refers to the descendants of the ancient Jews and traditional Jewish communities of the Iberian Peninsula (Sefarad or Hispania), in other words, Portugal and Spain. The presence of these communities in the Iberian Peninsula is very old, and even before the formation of the Iberian Christian kingdoms, as was the case with Portugal.
Given that these Jewish communities, from the late fifteenth century and after the Alhambra Edict of 1492, had been the object of persecution by the Spanish Inquisition, many of its members took refuge in Portugal.
Contact VisaConnect's specialist Consultants, and our partner Portuguese Lawyers, in 2023, by phone or complete an online Form or visit us in our offices in Brisbane, Australia, Singapore, Hong Kong, London, UK and Lisbon, Portugal for advice and assistance with your Citizenship of Portugal application, and supporting documents, as a descendant of Sephardic Jews of Portugal!