+44 0207 193 2327 (UK)
+61 03 9015 7918 (Australia)
+852 8191 5561 (Hong Kong)
The Republic of Ireland is an island in the North Atlantic, with a population of 4.8 million. Nestled in the heart of the country is a haven of picturesque villages, stunning tracks, trails and waterways and brilliant bars and restaurants.
Ireland has been a member state of the European Union since 1973. Permanent Residency under the Irish Immigrant Investor programme grants the right to move to Ireland and travel within the EU with minimal visa requirements and is the first step towards gaining Irish Citizenship.
The main objectives of the Irish Immigrant Investor Programme is job creation and facilitating Irish economic development. In 2021, High Net Worth Individuals can apply for the Irish Permanent Residency Permit through investment in a qualifying investment project. Apply for the Irish Golden Visa Residence Programme, in 2021, and seek Ireland Immigration assistance Now!
In 2012, the Immigrant Investor Programme (IIP) was introduced by the Irish Government to encourage inward investment for the creation of business and employment opportunities in the State.
The IIP is designed to encourage investors and business professionals from outside the European Economic Area (EEA) to take advantage of opportunities for investing and locating their business interests in Ireland and acquire a secure residency status
The IIP programme offers four investment options for potential investors:
1. Enterprise Investment - €1 million for 4-year investment term. Investment monies are invested through a Project approved by the Irish Naturalisation and Immigration Service (INIS) Investment monies are invested through the project against a secured property up to 90% Loan to Value.
2. Investment Fund - €1 million invested in an approved investment fund for 5 years (approved and regulated by the Central Bank). Investment monies are not secured on assets and are subject to investment performance.
3. Real Estate Investment Trusts (REIT) - €2 million invested in any Irish REIT that is listed on the Irish Stock Exchange for at least 3-year term.
4. Endowment - A minimum €500,000 philanthropic donation to a project which is of public benefit to the arts, sports, health, culture or education in Ireland.
Applicant Investors must meet the following eligibility criteria:
A. High Net Worth Individuals - Applicants must be high net worth individuals, with a personal wealth of at least €2 million, and disclose in full the source of their funds.
B. Source of Funds - Investors must provide the necessary evidence to prove the origin of funds, as confirmed by an Accountant and a Lawyer. Acceptable source of funds include: Business and Investment activities, Deeds of Sale, Inheritance, Divorce.
C. Funds are Transferable - All funds must be available to transfer to Ireland and can be convertible into Euros at the time of the application being approved.
D. Due Diligence - All applications will be subject to enhanced levels of due diligence processes in respect of anti-money laundering, Know Your Client, Politically Exposed Persons, sanction checks, and data sharing in accordance with the OECD common reporting standard.
E. Character - All applicants, as well as their nominated family members over the age of 16 must submit their application with a statement of character from the police authorities of each country in which they have resided for more than six months during the 10-year period prior to making an application.
F. Family - A non-EEA national may apply under the IIP for permission for themselves and their spouse/civil partner and children under the age of 18 to reside in the State. Dependent children between the ages of 18 and 24 may also be considered if they are in full time education.
To apply for the Enterprise Investment option, the Applicant must submit the following supporting documentation, which is apostilled by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the Irish Embassy in the
applicant’s country of residence:
1. Audited Accounts of Irish Business - If the applicant is investing in an existing Irish business or is relocating a business to Ireland, s/he must submit the most recent audited accounts for that business in support of the application.
2. Business Plan of Irish Business - For investments in existing businesses, relocating business and new business proposals, the applicant should submit a comprehensive business plan, which clearly identifies the financial investment being made in support of the application for residency under this programme.
3. Create or Maintain Employment in the Irish Business - The business plan should indicate how the funds will help create or maintain employment in the busines.
4. Specify Investor's Equity and Return on the Investment - The plan should also be clear as to the extent of the equity in the business being acquired by the investor and the manner in which the investor will receive a return on the investment.
Outlined below are the benefits of applying for the Ireland Investor Visa to obtain Irish Permanent Residency:
VisaConnect partners with FitzWilliam Group, who are a very experienced and respected Irish Project Company, which has the following unique benefits for Investors:
1. Founded in Ireland in 1975 - Over the last 40 years, FitzWilliam Group have built a strong reputation for providing pro-active and efficient property services to a wide range of clients and their professional representatives. Past and current clients include some of the world's most renowned brands, including:
VisaConnect is promoting Boyne Village Project, which is a 'Social Housing Project' and has been pre-approved by the Irish Government, in June 2019, as a qualifying 'Enterprise Investment' project through the IIP. See VisaConnect's PDF Document, as at 15 February 2021: Irish Immigrant Investor Programme - Enterprise Investment - Project Boyne Village
The Project Boyne Team are developing an 120 acre mixed use site known as ‘Boyne’ village which will incorporate Residential, Commercial, Parkland & Enterprise with phased completion expected between Q4 2020 and Q4 2023.
Under the Irish Immigrant Investor Programme, The Project Boyne Team have received approval for €30m of funding for the development of 150 Social Housing Units within the Residential aspect of Boyne Village.
Project Boyne has been approved by the Irish Government as a qualifying investment project through the IIP.
1. Minimum Investment Amount - €1 million Euros (Note: Monies do not have to be transferred until an application is approved by the Irish Naturalisation and Immigration Service).
2. Use of Investment Funds - Monies invested in Project Boyne's Social Housing Project will be used for the development of Social Housing at Boyne Village, Navan, Co Meath.
3. Security of Investment Funds - Project Boyne Village assigns property-backed security to the Investors for the Investment Term. Project Boyne at a Loan To Value (LTV) of no more than 90% provides Investors security over a property, thereby securing Investor’s Funds (€1m).
4. Term of Investment - 4 Years.
5. Return on Investment - 0% per annum.
6. Recouping Investment - After 4 years an Investor’s funds are projected to be returned within 12 weeks of the Investor calling on the funds.
7. No Language skills and Qualifications required - This Immigrant Investor Programme has no English language skills or qualification requirements. In addition, the immigrant investor does not require business management experience.
|Investment Amount||€1 million||€1 million|
|Annual Management / Subscription Fee||No||Yes|
|Investement Term||4 Years||5 Years|
|Return of Investment monies (€1 million) subject to performance of investment||No||Yes (High Risk!)|
|Investment monies secured on a property at a maximum of 90% LTV by means of a Redbook Property Valuation prepared by a member of the Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors||Yes||No|
|Fund provides Senior Debt to Hotels and Student Accommodation||No||Yes (High Risk in 2020!)|
|Repayment of €1 million Funds back to Investors?||Yes (20 Investors - as at March 2021)||No Repayments|
VisaConnect is promoting high quality Endowment projects, which are over €2m, in order that the endower can avail of the reduced endowment of €400,000 as opposed to paying €500,000 for a smaller project.
The applicant is entitled to residence as soon as the application is approved by INIS and the applicant then travels to Ireland to complete their residency registration.
Our current IIP Endowment Project ‘Páirc Tailteann Sports Stadium’ was officially approved by the Department of Justice on the 21st December 2020. The Project is seeking 32 Donor places (€12.8 million) for the re-development of Páirc Tailteann Sports Stadium in Navan, Co. Meath. See VisaConnect's PDF Document, as at 15 February 2021: IIP Endowment Project - Pairc-Tailteann Sports-Stadium, in 2021 - VisaConnect's PDF
Applicants choosing this Endowment Project to achieve their Irish residency can rest assured that their valued contribution will have both positive social and cultural impacts. It will provide stimulus to local communities across the region where the GAA has proven to be an important asset over many years. The re-developed Sports Stadium once completed will provide future generations with suitable facilities for the modern era.
The Sports Stadium is now in urgent need of modernisation and redevelopment. This will include the demolition of the current ‘North Terrace’ and its replacement by the new ‘North Stand’ and refurbishment of the current ‘South Stand’, bringing the venue’s capacity to 11,100-seating. The project will involve an estimated capital cost of €23m, €12.8m of which will be funded through the Irish Immigrant Investor Programme (IIP).
The Meath Gaelic Athletic Association (GAA) County Board Páirc Tailteann Project is eligible under the Endowment Option of the IIP. Donors who meet the criteria of the IIP and who are approved by the Department of Justice will receive approval for Irish residency under this project.
1. Document Preparation - VisaConnect asssists Investor to prepare application documentation.
2. Submit Visa - Submission of the visa application to INIS during the next available Window.
3. Pre Approval - Application approved and 'Pre-Approval Letter' is issued by INIS to the Investor.
4. Transfer of Investment - Investor transfers €400,000 to their Irish lawyers Client Account and then monies are transferred to Páirc Tailteann's Irish Lawyer.
5. Full Approval - Confirmation that Endowment monies have been donated, and then 'Full Approval Letter' is issued by INIS.
6. Apply for Irish Residency Permit - Investor applies for 'D' type Single entry visa to Ireland, and then attends INIS HQ, in Ireland and applies for Irish Residency Permit.
For approved projects under the IIP, our Irish Project Company (FitzWilliam Group) has a 100% success rate with the Irish Naturalisation & Immigration Service. Investors who choose our Social Housing Project are guaranteed approval under the IIP
subject to their application paperwork being in order.
As at 12 March 2021, 73 Investors associated with Fitzwilliam Group's projects have successfully received their Letters of Approval under the Irish Immigrant Investor Programme. Our partner Irish Company have started the process of repaying the original investors their investment monies, and the first Investor was repaid in August 2019. As at 12 March 2021, 20 Investors have been repaid in full with the most recent Investor, repaid in March 2021.