TEMPORARY SKILLS SHORTAGE - TSS 482 VISA
Table of Contents
Australian Lawyers and Migration Agents - TSS 482 Visa Advice, in 2023
Our Australian Immigration Lawyers and Registered Migration Agents are
experienced and ethical. We can assist clients in our offices in Brisbane, Australia, Singapore, Hong Kong, London, UK and Lisbon, Portugal.
In addition, our Australian qualified Lawyers can advise clients worldwide, with a fast and efficient Consultation by telephone, where they
advise you about:
- Visa eligibility assessment
- Information about the visa process
- Advice regarding the Migration Skills Asssessment application
- Advice regarding supporting documents including: Qualification certificates,
Work references and Identification
- Advice regarding State or Territory Skilled Nomination
- Advice regarding Employer Sponsorship application requirements
- Assistance with Nomination of an Employee application
- Assistance with Genuine Position submission
- Advice regarding Labour Marketing Testing requirements
- Advice regarding TMSIT and AMSR Salary for the position
- Advice regarding how to sit an English language test and required score
- Assistance in completion of Dept of Home Affairs Expression of Interest and
Visa Application forms
- Assistance in paying the Skilling Australia Fund levy for training of
Australian apprentices and trainees
- Advice regarding how to apply for Police Clearance certificates
- Preparation of Medical examination and Chest x ray referral letter and advice
where to undergo health checks
- Visa Processing time guidance
- Information about the Government Visa Application fee and Migration Agent /
Lawyers fees for complete visa application assistance
Contact VisaConnect's Australian Immigration Lawyers and
Migration Agents in 2023 for advice and assistance with your Temporary Skills
Shortage TSS 482 Work visa application!
Short Term and Medium Term Streams
The purpose of the new TSS visa (supersedes the 457 visa) is to
ensure that the TSS visa is more targeted, strengthen the integrity of Australia's
temporary and permanent employer sponsored programs, more adept at meeting
Australia's skills requirements, and enhance the quality and economic contribution
of skilled migrants.
The Short term stream allows for work for up to 2 years and the
Medium Term stream allows for overseas workers to fill medium-term critical skills
in work for up to 4 years. In addition, there is a Labour Agreement stream, where
the Australian company has a labour hire agreement with the Department of Home
Short Term Stream
- Renewal - The Short term stream can be renewed once
onshore, in Australia.
- Occupations - Your occupation must be listed on the
Short Term Skilled Occupations List (STSOL).
- English Language Ability - The new TSS requirement is an
International English Language Testing System (IELTS) score of 5.0, with a
minimum of 4.5 in each test component. Under the previous 457 visa, there was
an exemption from the English language test if the applicant's salary was over
- Genuine Entry - Requirement that you must be a genuine
- Processing Times - As at 15 October 2021, 75% of applications are decided in 77 days and 90% of applications are decided in 7 months.
Medium Term Stream
- Renewal - The Medium term stream can be renewed onshore,
in Australia, and there is a pathway to permanent residence after 3 years.
- Occupations - Your occupation must be listed on the
Medium and Long-term Strategic Skills List (MLTSSL) or the Regional Occupation
- English Language Ability - The requirement is an
International English Langauge Testing System (IELTS) minimum score of 5.0, in
each test component.
- Processing Times - As at 15 October 2021, 75% of applications are decided in 4 months and 90% of applications are decided in 7 months.
Eligibility Criteria for Short and Medium Term Streams
To apply for the TSS work visa, as an overseas worker, you must
meet the following criteria:
- You have been Nominated for a position, by
an approved sponsor, and that nomination has been approved.
2. Skills and Qualifications
- You meet any required skills
and qualifications for the position, and you have undertaken a Skills assessment,
3. Work Experience
- at least 2 years work experience
in the nominated occupation or a related field.
- There is no Age requirement or Age limit for the
5. Labour Market Testing (LMT)
- LMT is mandatory unless an
international obligation applies.
6. Minimum Market Salary rate
- Employers must pay the
Australian market salary rate and meet the Temporary Skilled Migration Income
- A discretionary non-discriminatory workforce
test to ensure employers are not actively discriminating against Australian
8. Training requirement
- Employers nominating a worker for
a TSS visa will be required to pay a contribution of $1,200 per year, at time of
nomination, to the Skilling Australians Fund (SAF).
- The applicant and all members included in the
application must meet Australia's health requirements. A medical examination and
chest x ray is required.
- Mandatory Police clearance certificates are
to be provided, unless sponsored by an accredited sponsor and then a work reference
confirming the applicant's good character may suffice.
The initial step for an Australian employer to sponsor an overseas
worker is for the employer to apply to become a standard business sponsor, unless
the employer already holds a labour agreement.
- Lawful Business - Employer must be a legally
established, lawfully operating business.
- No Adverse Information - The Sponsor must have no
relevant adverse information against their business, such as being under
investigation, subject to disciplinary action, insolvency or contravened
- Business in Australia - The Sponsor must confirm that
they have a proven record or demonstrated commitment to employing local labour,
and that they will not engage in discriminatory recruitment processes.
- Business Outside Australia - You must be seeking to
employ a skilled worker to establish a business operation in Australia or
assist in fulfilling Australian contract obligations.
- Sponsorship Duration - A sponsorship is valid for 5
years from the date that it is approved.
- Benefits of Sponsorship Accreditation - Accredited
status will receive priority processing of all TSS nomination and visa
applications, with most applications processed in less than 5 days.
Nomination - TSS 482 Visa
Nomination is the process of identifying a position to be filled by
an overseas worker in an approved business. For a Nomination to be approved, it
must meet the following requirements:
- Approved Sponsor - Nominate an occupation listed for a
TSS visa from the list of eligible skilled occupations or specified in your
labour agreement. This will determine the stream of the visa that your employee
will be applying for and the length of their visa stay period.
- Nominate proposed employee in an eligible occupation -
the occupation you are nominating must be eligible for the TSS visa program.
The list of eligible skilled occupations includes a number (a six-digit ANZSCO
code) next to each occupation title.
- No Adverse Business information - there must be no
adverse information known about your business or any person associated with
- Genuine Position - The position must be genuine and full-time. It must
have duties that are consistent with the skill level and the tasks of the
nominated occupation, and the nature of the business, and not created just to
assist the Nominee to stay in, or migrate to Australia.
- Nomination Duration - The Nomination is generally valid
for up to 12 months from the nomination approval date or the date that the
labour agreement or approval as a sponsor is cancelled.
Office Address and Telephone - VisaConnect Australia
Contact VisaConnect's Consultants at our Brisbane, Queensland, Australia office below:
VisaConnect - Qld, Australia
Level 1, 16 McDougall Street,
(+61) 7 3040 9589