+44 0207 193 2327 (UK)
+61 03 9015 7918 (Australia)
+852 8191 5561 (Hong Kong)
Our Australian Immigration Lawyers and Registered Migration Agents are experienced and ethical. We can assist clients in our offices in Melbourne or Brisbane, Australia and in Hong Kong.
In addition, our Australian qualified Lawyers can advise clients worldwide, with a fast and efficient Consultation by telephone or skype where they advise you about:
Contact VisaConnect's Australian Immigration Lawyers and Migration Agents in 2021 for advice and assistance with your Student visa, Subclass 500 application!
VisaConnect's Advisers are qualified Education Agents (Counsellors), who can assist you with your study options in Australia. We help you to select a course based on your preferences for location, such as Sydney or Brisbane, Type of course e.g. Engineering at Bachelors level, English language ability, Educational background and Financial capacity.
We assist you with the Student course enrolment application forms and find you accommodation in student housing, homestay or private apartments.
For more information and assistance with your Student course enrolment, read about our Education Agent service: Education Agent Assistance
The Student visa allows students to travel to Australia and study full time at recognised Educational Institutions, in Australia, and work part time.
The Australian Educational Institution and the Department of Home Affairs must be satisfied that the student is a Genuine Temporary Entrant (GTE). Factors considered to determine if the student is a GTE are:
1. Circumstances in home country (or country of residence) - Reasons why the student has decided not to study in their home country if a similar course is available there. Details of ties to their home country
that indicate an intention to return at the end of their studies, economic circumstances, military service commitments, and political and civil unrest in home country.
2. Potential circumstances in Australia - Ties and links to Australia which would indicate a strong incentive to stay in Australia after completion of the course, knowledge of proposed course of study and education provider,
previous study and qualifications, planned accommodation and financial capacity.
3. Value of the course to the applicant's future - Question is whether the course is consistent with the applicant's current level of education, relevance to past or proposed future employment in home country or elsewhere, and expected remuneration in home country or elsewhere, which could be gained from undertaking the course of study, in Australia.
4. The applicant's immigration history - History of previous visa applications to Australia and other countries including visa refusals and cancellations.
5. If the applicant is a minor - Intentions of the parents, legal guardian or spouse of the applicant.
As well as providing evidence that the applicant is a Genuine Temporary Entrant, the applicant must also meet the eligibility criteria below:
Enrolment - You must be enrolled in a recognised course and include your Confirmation of Enrolment (COE) from the Australian Educational Institution, for each intended course.
English Language ability - You must provide evidence of English language ability, such as an IELTS test results.
English Exemption - No evidence of English ability is needed if they have enrolled in a standalone English Language Intensive Course for Overseas Students (ELICOS) or have completed at least five years’ study in one or more of the following countries: Australia, UK, USA, Canada, New Zealand, South Africa, or the Republic of Ireland, or is a citizen of UK, USA, Canada, NZ or Ireland, or have completed a Secondary School certificate or Certificate IV in Australia.
Financial requirements - the student applicant needs to show evidence that they have enough funds available to pay for their course fees, travel and living costs and support any accompanying family.
Health and Character - You must meet health and character requirements and maintain Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) Insurance.
Mandatory Conditions - These conditions are attached to all student visas. For example, you must not work, you must have a satisfactory academic result, attend
contact hours and maintain health insurance.
Discretionary Conditions - These conditions may be attached to a student visa depending on the circumstances. For example, if you are granted permission to work -
then the condition will state, 'you must not work more than 20 hours a week during your course session'.
The Student Guardian visa allows a guardian, such as a parent of an international student, to stay in Australia while the student is studying a course in Australia.
Student Guardian means a relative of the Applicant who is traveling to Australia to provide care and support for a student visa holder under 18 years.
Student Guardian must be over 21 years of age and of good character.
Student Guardian must meet health and financial requirements.
Student Guardian accompanies a student under 18 years of age.
Guardian must live with the student and the Guardian cannot work.
Guardian must meet the financial requirement, and provide evidence of funds to support yourself, and the student.
The Temporary Graduate visa is intended for recent graduates from an Australian educational institution. The visa has 2 streams - Graduate Work and Post-study work.
1. Nominate an Occupation - nominate a skilled occupation from the Medium and Long-term Strategic Skills List (MLTSSL).
2. Skills Assessment - you have applied for a skills assessment in your nominated occupation, and your skills have been assessed as 'suitable'.
3. Australian Study requirement - you have met the Australian study requirement in the past 6 months. This visa is granted for 18 months.
4. Australian Qualification - your degree, diploma or trade qualification is closely related to your nominated occupation.
5. Visa duration - visa is valid for 18 months from date it is granted.
This stream is for international students who graduate with a higher education degree from an Australian education provider, regardless of their field of study. The visa can be granted for up to 4 years.