EB5 IMMIGRANT INVESTOR PROGRAM (GREEN CARD)
EB-5 Program - United States
The US Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) administers the EB-5 Program, which allows Investors, their spouses and unmarried childtren under 21 years to apply for a green card (permanent residence) if they:
- Make the necessary investment in a commercial enterprise in the United States; and
- Plan to create or preserve 10 permanent full-time jobs for qualified U.S. workers
The EB-5 visa was created by Congress in 1990, as a means to stimulate the U.S. economy through job creation and capital investment by foreign investors. Moreover, In 1992, Congress created the Immigrant Investor Program,
also known as the Regional Center Program.
EB-5 Job Creation Requirements
- Create or preserve at least 10 full-time jobs for qualifying U.S. workers within two years (or under certain circumstances, within a reasonable time after the two-year period) of the immigrant investor’s admission to the United States as a Conditional Permanent Resident.
- Create or preserve either direct or indirect jobs:
- actual identifiable jobs for qualified employees located within the commercial enterprise into which the EB-5 investor has directly invested his or her capital.
- those jobs shown to have been created collaterally or as a result of capital invested in a commercial enterprise affiliated with a regional center by an EB-5 investor. A foreign investor may only use the indirect job calculation if affiliated with a regional center.
Capital Investment Requirements
The required Minimum Investments are:
- General - The minimum qualifying investment in the United States is $1 million.
- Targeted Employment Area - (High Unemployment or Rural Area). The minimum qualifying investment either within a high-unemployment
area or rural area in the United States is $500,000.
EB-5 - Benefits
The benefits of investing in EB-5 Projects, as offered by our USCIS approved Regional Centers are:
- Direct route to a Green card - (Permanent residence), in the US for the Investor and their immediate family, including his/her spouse, and any children under the age of 21 years.
- The EB-5 Program is very Successful and Popular - Since 2008, there has been an injection of over $13.5 billion of foreign direct investment. Tens of thousands of jobs have been created in the US, since the program's inception in 1990.
- Specialist US Attorney Assistance - You select the safe and secure investment opportunity; our Regional Center, US Attorney's and affiliates manage the complete process.
- No Management of Investment required - Investors have no need to manage the investment on a daily basis. Generally, the Investor is a Limited Partner, and the control and management of the investment and project will be undertaken by the Regional Center or Project Developer.
- English Ability & Business Experience not required - No requirements based on Age, Business experience, Education or English language ability. No Visa sponsor required and no work visa needed for employment.
- Fast and Efficient Processing - by an experienced and dedicated legal team. The Program has No waiting list and No quota backlogs as exists in many other Employment and Sponsorship visa programs.
- No Residency restrictions - participants may settle anywhere in the United States, including in states such as Florida or Texas with no state income tax.
- Access to US Healthcare - A US Green card or Citizenship provides Investors and their family with access to the same high quality healthcare enjoyed by US citizens.
- Education in the US - Free Education in the US public schools system. Entitled to Education at US Colleges and Universities, at US resident costs.
- Fast US Citizenship - EB-5 is the fastest way to obtain US Citizenship and a US Passport. Potential for U.S. Citizenship after minimum of 5 years of established permanent residency in the U.S.
EB-5 Application Process
An application for an EB-5 must comply with the following steps:
1. File Form I-526
- Petition by Alien Entrepreneur. Note that our Regional Centers have a better than 99% approval rate on I-526 petitions,
which is significantly higher than the nation USCIS average of 89%.
2. Approval of Form I-526 petition
- need to file either of the following:
- File Form I-485 - Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, with USCIS to adjust status to a
conditional permanent resident within the United States, or
- File DS-230 or DS-260 - Application for Immigrant Visa and Alien Registration, with the U.S. Department of State to obtain an EB-5 visa for
admission to the United States.
Once the Form I-485 is approved, the Investor and his family will be granted conditional permanent residence
for a 2 year period.
4. File Form I-829
- Petition by Entrepreneur to Remove Conditions, 90 days before the two-year anniversary of the granting of the EB-5 investor’s
conditional resident status (Green Card).
5. USCIS Approves Form I-829 petition
- the conditions will be removed from the EB-5 applicant’s status and the EB-5 investor and derivative family members will be allowed to permanently
live and work in the United States.
Four Seasons Hotel and Private Residence, One Dalton Street, Boston (2018 Project)
What is the Four Seasons Hotel, Boston Project?
Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts is a leading global brand for luxury hotels and residences. Four Seasons operates 99 hotels in 41 countries, and Four Seasons private residences are in 25 locations internationally. Four
Seasons’ objective is to be recognized as the company that manages the finest hotels, resorts and residence clubs in any location in which they operate.
The Venture expects that the inherent quality, sophistication and elegance of the Property, when
combined with the Four Seasons brand, will result in a hotel attractive to the most discerning guests, and condominium residences attractive to the most discerning buyers.
Benefits of the Four Seasons Hotel, Boston EB-5 Project
- Prestigious Property Developer - Carpenter & Company (Founded in 1898!) is the experienced and successful Property developer, and they have substantial experience of developing hotels, mixed-use projects and retail properties. Previous projects include: the St. Regis San Francisco Hotel and Residences, and in the Boston area, the
Liberty Hotel, the Logan Airport Hilton, the Brookline Marriott Courtyard, and Charles Square and the Charles Hotel.
Richard L. Friedman has been President of Carpenter & Coompany, since 1973. He is the former Chairman of the National Capital Planning Commission under President Clinton. Mr. Friedman was appointed by President Obama to serve as Vice Chairman of the President’s
Export Council and is a Director of Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts.
- Leading Architects - Pei Cobb Freed & Partners, Architects LLP have completed nearly 250 projects, since their formation, and the firm’s clients have included major corporations, private developers and public authorities, as well as educational, cultural and religious
institutions. Projects completed include: Fountain Place in Dallas, the ABN AMRO Bank Head Office in Amsterdam, the Tour EDF at La Defense in Paris, Grand Louvre in Paris and the Bank of China Tower in Hong Kong.
Legendary and renowned Architect - Henry Cobb, who was instrumental in designing Boston's tallest building, the John Hancock Tower, has designed One Dalton in collaboration with Gary Johnson of Cambridge Seven Associates (Skilled Boston Design and Architect company, founded in 1962).
- Luxury Hotel - The Four Seasons Hotel in Boston will continue to operate as a competitive luxury hotel in the Boston market. The new hotel at One Dalton Street, upon completion, will join the following global cities with two or more Four Seasons
branded or operated properties: London, Los Angeles, New York, Dubai and Miami. One Dalton will have a Private Lobby and Residences Club, designed by legendary designer - Thierry Despont
- Five Star Hotel - Many of the Four Seasons Hotels have been awarded Forbes Five Star awards, in 2017.
- One Dalton Street, 4 Seasons Hotel Features - Luxury high rise development with exclusive amenities, which will redefine the skyline, situated in the exclusive Back Bay suburb of Boston, Massachusetts, within walking distance to the finest boutiques, galleries, cafes and restaurants. One Dalta is a 215 room Four Seasons hotel occupying the lower third
of the building, and Four Seasons private residences comprised of 176 ultra high-end condos comprising the upper floors of a 700 foot tall building (61 stories of stunning, un-obstructed views).
- Development of Park - The Project will also include the development of an approximately 4,700-square-foot parcel of land
across the street into a park for the Project.
- Billionaire Investors - There are 5 billionaires that are joint venture partners in the project, including Bill Gates through Cascade Investments.
- City of Boston - Boston is located within the 6th largest combined statistical area (CSA) in the United States and has gained national prominence as an ideal location for commercial businesses and industry. Further, due to its historic and cultural attractions, Boston is
considered a popular destination for tourism and primary residence. Factors that are expected to drive demand for the One Dalton Street hotel and residences include:
1. Employment - Boston metropolitan area total employment stood at 2,625,600 in February 2016, up 46,800 from one year ago.
2. Unemployment - Historically, the greater Boston area has had lower unemployment rates than the United States as a whole. (Only 4.0% in Feb 2016)
3. Population - Population in the City of Boston is expected to increase by approximately 35,000 people between 2018 and 2023.
4. Education - There are over 50 colleges and universities located in the metropolitan Boston area including world-renowned institutions, such as Harvard University, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT),
Tufts University, Boston College, Northeastern University, and Boston University.
5. Tourism - The rich history and culture of Boston attracts regional, national, and international visitors year-round, especially during thesummer and fall seasons.
- Project Capital Stack - The Developer has confidently contributed $257 million (29.5%) in equity, and the Bank Loan is 52.1 %, with EB-5 Investor Money expected to be only $160 million. Note that the bank loan has already been executed for over 2 years, which is confirmation that the project will be built and completed.
- Investor Security - EB-5 money will be a first lien on the Hotel that is already under contract to be sold for $268 million after completion! This means that there is $100 million equity in the hotel and the loan to value is 60%. This allows the Project to only use construction expenditure jobs while still having a first lien, and this is the strongest possible position an Investor can have for their repayment.
- Exemplar Approval Project - The Project has I-924 Exemplar Approval, and many I-526 approvals already. Note that not all Regional Center Projects will choose to apply for exemplar approval because of the stringent standards set by USCIS and the rigidity it imposes in project planning.
Investing in exemplar projects does, however, provide investors with the assurance that their project has been preapproved. The project has been evaluated and certified by USCIS to meet certain criteria delineated in the EB-5 requirements. The EB-5 Investors benefit from faster processing times for pre-approved projects, which are often significantly shorter than for non-exemplar projects.
One Dalton Street, Four Seasons Hotel and Residences - Job Creation & Economic Analysis
It is anticipated that the One Dalton Street project will create approximately 4,748 total construction expenditure jobs. This 1.5 times the number of EB-5 jobs needed.
These jobs include: both direct and indirect jobs arising in the United States from multi-family residential building construction activity in Year 1; both direct and
indirect jobs arising from architecture & engineering services activity in Year 2; and only indirect jobs arising in the United States from sitework in Year 1. As at May 2018, 4,542 jobs have been created, after 2 years of construction. The project is scheduled for completion by December 2018.
- Targeted Employment Area (TEA) - The project is located in a Targeted Employment Area (TEA), with the unemployment rate of the proposed project area at 7.5% (above the minimum rate of 7.4%). This means that the minimum EB-5 investment amount is reduced to $500,000 per investor.
- Guarantee To Refund - If the I-526 Petition is denied, there is an agreed and guaranteed refund of the Investor's funds, invested in the project.
- Secure Investment that will Increase in Value - One Dalton is an iconic landmark offering a world class lifestyle and secure investment. The Average projected condo sales price is $6,000,000 USD. Average sale prices of condos in Boston between 2013 and 2015 are uo 25.2%. In Back Bay alone between 2013 and 2015, average sale prices have increased 27.7%
- The Project Economic Consultant - Jeff Carr has more than 34 years of experience as an economist/analyst, with particular expertise in
economic impact studies,and business plans for submission to the EB-5 Program.
The economic impact study finds that the Project, through planned construction activity, will result in new and significant economic impacts for the economy within the geographic scope of the Regional
Center as follows:
- The new job totals in each year are as follows: Year 1: 2,680 new jobs, Year 2: 3,033 new jobs, Year 3: 556 new jobs.
- A 3-year cumulative increase of $1.31 billion in output.
- A 3-year cumulative increase of $626.55 million in labor income.
- A 3-year cumulative increase of $541.92 million in household earnings.
Greystone Hotel - Miami, Florida (EB-5 Project)
What is the Greystone Hotel Project?
This is an acclaimed project, which involves the renovation of the historic Greystone hotel to create over 50,000 square feet of hotel, restaurant, lounge and rooftop pool space in the heart
of the bustling nightlife and entertainment section of Miami Beach, Florida. Originally designed and built in 1939 by famous Architect, Henry Hohauser, it is located at 1920 Collins Avenue, in Miami Beach.
The renovation of the Greystone Hotel will create the following modernisations:
1. Rooms - 97 luxury rooms.
2. Events - Local artwork exhibits and hip and energetic events.
3. Restaurant - 5,000 sq ft upscale restaurant with flavoutr of the mediterranean, 130 seats with outdoor area, and mezzanine level cocktail lounge.
4. Basement Speakeasy Bar - 1,500 sq ft Basement level lounge, with state of the art sound system and sophisticated bar.
5. Rooftop Solarium - 6,000 sq ft rooftop pool, bar and Event space together with Oyster Bar.
Why Invest in Miami?
- Miami is regarded as one of the most vibrant cities in the United States. Known as the 'Capital of Latin America', with a population of more than 5.59 million people. It is the United States fourth largest metropolitan
area, and the largest metropolitan area in Southeastern US.
- Miami International Airport provides more than 60 domestic and international routes. The Port of Miami, located on Dodge Island, has large passenger terminals and recently replaced New York as the nation's largest passenger port.
- As an international metropolis, many companies, banks and television studios have their headquarters in Miami, including: Exxon Mobil, Walt Disney, AT & T, Cisco, Microsoft and Fed Ex.
- Miami beach is the longest beach in the United States. The beautiful shorelines are famous for shallow waters, tropical breezes, small waves and fine white sand. Miami beach is often referred to as 'America's Riviera', and has been the United States premier beach resort destination
for nearly a century.
- 12% increase in Visitors to Miami from 2008 to 2011. In 2015, Miami hit a record number of 15.5 million visitors.
- Hotel occupancy rose slightly to 78.1 percent in 2015, placing Miami sixth in the nation among the top 25 hotel markets.
- Market demand, room revenue increases, and a stable growth trend have created a prime opportunity for new luxury hotels in the Miami beach market.
Greystone Hotel - Economic Analysis and Job Creation
The $22 million target EB-5 capital raise for the restoration of this property to embrace original charm of its exceptional location, while also providing the utmost in modern conveniences and
amenities. The EB-5 loan represents 34.9% of the total project cost, and is protected by the acquisition of $20 million in developer equity and $6.2 million in historic site tax credits.
- Econometrics Report - Prepared by by Dr. Michael Evans of Evans, Carroll, and Associates: The Greystone Hotel Project is slated to create more than 730 jobs. This equates to a buffer of more than 290 jobs, or at least 66% more than required for the project by USCIS.
- Local Landmarks - The Greystone hotel is in a prime location on Miami beach. Nearby are the following local landmarks: Over 50 retail stores and 25 restaurants, Lincoln road shopping district, Jackie Gleason Theater, Miami Beach Golf club, Wolfsonian
museum, Miami city Ballet, New World Symphony and the Miami Beach Convention Center.