Table of Contents
- Buy Investment Property in Portugal, in 2023
- Portugal Property Prices Are Increasing!
- Property Taxes - In Portugal
- Portugal Property Lawyers - Advice and Assistance
- Portugal Golden Visa and Portugal Citizenship
- Office Address and Telephone - VisaConnect Portugal
- Useful Links - Purchase of Portugal Property
Buy Investment Property in Portugal, in 2023
Portugal is a dynamic property market due to tax incentives and the Golden Visa Program for foreigners to acquire Portugal Residence. Foreign investors have invested 4.3 billion euros into Portuguese real estate through the residency program since it commenced in 2012.
According to data compiled by Eurostat, Portuguese property prices increased 9.2% in the first quarter of 2019, the biggest gain in the euro region and the steepest rise in the European Union after Hungary and the Czech Republic. Lisbon's cobblestone streets and hilltop palaces are being restored, and numerous buildings are being converted into new hotels, short-term rental apartments and luxury retail stores. The tourism industry and investment in Portugal Real Estate has boosted the Portuguese economy, which expanded for a 5th consecutive year to 2.2%, in 2018.
Now, in 2023, it is possible to apply for High Net Worth Immigration to Portugal through the purchase of an Apartment, House or Villa and then you can apply for the Golden Resident Permit, and after 5 years, apply for Permanent Residence, Portuguese Citizenship and a Portuguese EU Passport. Contact our Portugal Immigration Consultants and Lawyers by telephone or visit us in our offices in Brisbane, Australia, Singapore, Hong Kong, London, UK and Lisbon, Portugal.
Portugal Property Prices Are Increasing!
As at 2018, House prices in Portugal have been increasing in most cities, including:
- Lisbon metropolitan area - property prices were up by 7.9% (7.2% in real terms) to an average of 1,502 (US$1,717) per sq. m.
- Porto - Porto recorded the highest increase of 15.6%
- Amadora and Seixal - 13.9% increase
- Sintra - 13.7% increase
- Setbal - 13.5% increase
- Maia - 13.4% increase
- Almada - 12.9% increase
- Loures - 12.6% increase
- Barcelos - 11.4% increase
- Cascais - 10.6% increase
- Vila Franca de Xira - 10.5% increase