+44 0207 193 2327 (UK)
+61 03 9015 7918 (Australia)
+852 8191 5561 (Hong Kong)
Ancestry Visa and Citizenship - UK
To be eligible for the Ancestry visa, you must meet the following eligibility criteria:
1. Commonwealth Citizen - you are a Commonwealth citizen (53 member countries).
2. Apply from your Country of Residence - you apply for the visa from your country, outside the UK.
3. Grandparent born in the UK - you can prove that one of your grandparents was born in the UK.
4. Work in the UK - you can work in the UK and intend to work in the UK.
5. Age - Aged 17 years or over.
6. Funds - you have sufficient funds available to support and accommodate yourself and any dependents, without assistance from public funds.
Ancestry Visa - Grandparents
You must prove that you have a grandparent that was born in 1 of the following circumstances:
British Citizen with the Right of Abode
Right of Abode - If you have the right of abode then you are completely free from United Kingdom Immigration Control. The right of abode exists for all British citizens, a select group of Commonwealth citizens and citizens of certain other countries. If you have a right of abode then the Home Office issues a Certificate of Entitlement to right of abode in the United Kingdom, as a sticker, that is fixed in a valid passport.
The British Nationality Act 1981 came into force on 1 January 1983 and after that date you will have the right of abode in the UK if, immediately prior to that date, any of the following situations apply:
Commonwealth Citizen with the Right of Abode
If you have been a citizen of a Commonwealth country up to 1 January 1983 and, immediately prior to that date you will have a right of abode as a Commonwealth citizen if either of the following situations apply:
Citizenship Application Process