F-1 and M1 Student Visa

US Immigration Attorney - F-1 and M-1 Visa Advice

Our United States Immigration Lawyers are experienced, ethical, and registered with AILA (American Immigration Lawyers Association), and they can assist clients in our offices in Brisbane, Australia and in Hong Kong. Our US Attorney's can advise clients worldwide, with a fast and efficient Consultation by telephone or skype where they advise you about:

Contact VisaConnect's US Immigration Attorney's, in 2021 for advice and assistance with your F-1 Student Visa or M-1 Vocational or Training Visa application!

F-1 Visa - Types of Study

The F-1 is the most common type of student visa, and is meant for Academic Studies in the US (more than 18 hours a week) at the following types of US approved schools:

M-1 Visa - Types of Study

The M-1 is intended for students who plan to engage in non-Academic studies, other than an English language training program, including:

F-1 and M-1 Application Process

The following steps are required to apply for an F-1 or M-1 visa:

1. Apply to a SEVP-approved school in the United States - After the SEVP (Student and Exchange Visitor Program) certified school accepts your enrollment, you will be registered in the Student and Exchange Visitor Information System (SEVIS).

2. SEVIS I-901 fee - Pay the SEVIS I-901 fee. The SEVP-approved school will issue you a Form I-20.

3. Approved Form I-20 - Issued from your US School or Program. You must present the Form I-20 to the Consular officer when you attend your visa interview.

4. DS-160 Form - Complete Non-Immigrant Visa Electronic Application DS-160 Form and pay the visa application fee.

5. Schedule Appointment at US Consulate

6. Interview - Visit the U.S. Consulate on the date and time of your visa interview. You will need to bring a printed copy of your appointment letter, your DS-160 confirmation page, one recent photograph, your current and all old passports, and the original visa fee payment receipt. Applications without all of these items will not be accepted.

7. US Port of Entry Decision - The Department of Homeland Security (DHS), U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) officials at the port-of-entry have authority to permit or deny admission to the United States. After you present your passport, visa, and Form I-20 at the port-of-entry, a CBP official will make this decision. Once you are allowed to enter the United States, the CBP official will provide an admission stamp or paper Form I-94, Arrival/Departure Record.

F-1 Visa - Qualification Requirements

In order to qualify, applicants need to satisfy and prove several strict criteria during an F1 visa interview, including the following:

F-2 and M-2 Dependent Visa

The F-2 visa and M-2 visa are non-immigrant visas granted to the F-1 or M-1 applicant's spouse and dependent unmarried minor children (Under 21 years). The F-2 and M-2 conditions are as follows:

Graduate Students can Now apply for H1-B Work Visa, as at 1 April 2021

Given that the H1-B visa selection system is now active again, from 1 April 2021, US immigration is becoming more friendly to international students. Even graduates in the Optional Practical Training (OPT) programme apply for the H1B visa to continue working and staying in the US.

Highly skilled immigrants hold the H1B visa for working in specific professions in the US. A large percentage of them come from India and plan to work in IT; they staff numerous Silicon Valley companies, which are welcoming the reinstated H1B visa application. The visa enables international graduates to work in the US for at least three years.

Approximately 40% of H1B visa holders transfer from the F-1 visa for international students. In 2019, USCIS approved 388,403 H1B petitions, with close to 72% of successful applicants coming from India. They consisted of 54% master's degree holders and 66% planning to work in IT.

Student Visa US - Admission LetterF-1 Student Visa USA
Registered Migration Agents Australia Member of American Immigration Lawyers Association MIA Migration Agent Member UK OISC Immigration Adviser Qualified Education Agents