SKILLED WORKER VISA - UK
Table of Contents
UK Immigration Lawyers - Skilled Worker Visa Advice
Our UK Immigration Lawyers are experienced, ethical, and members of the Law
Society of England and Wales. They can assist clients in our offices in Brisbane, Australia, Singapore, Hong Kong, London, UK
and Lisbon, Portugal. In addition, our United Kingdom qualified
Lawyers can advise clients worldwide, with a fast and efficient Consultation by
telephone or skype where they advise you about:
- Visa eligibility
- Information about the visa process
- Assistance in applying for License to become an Approved UK Sponsor
- Advice regarding applying for a Certificate of Sponsorship
- Advice regarding supporting documents including: Qualification certificates,
CV, References and Bank statements
- Advice regarding the requirements of a UK Job offer and Salary
- Advice regarding the English language requirement
- Assistance in completion of UK Visa Application forms
- Advice regarding an application for Criminal Record Certificates
- Assistance in booking an appointment at a UK Visa and Citizenship Application
Services (UKVCAS) service point to provide your biometric information (your
fingerprints and a photo)
- Visa Processing time guidance
- Information about the UK Government fee, Healthcare surcharge and Lawyers
fees for complete visa application assistance
In 2023, Contact VisaConnect's UK Immigration Lawyers for advice
and assistance with your Skilled Worker Visa application!
Eligibility - Skilled Worker Visa
To be eligible to apply to come to the United Kingdom under the
Skilled Worker visa, you must meet the following eligibility
1. Job offer
- offered a skilled job in the UK, which is on the list of eligible occupations.
2. Non-EEA Citizen
- you are from outside the EEA and
- prove that you are being paid a suitable salary (the going-rate for your occupation).
Usually you will need to be paid at least £25,600 per year or £10.10 per hour, whichever is higher.
4. Certificate of sponsorship
- you have a valid certificate
of sponsorship for your employment, from an approved licensed UK sponsor.
5. English Ability
- To meet the English requirement, you
must pass an approved English language test with at least CEFR level B1 in reading,
writing, speaking and listening or having an academic qualification that was taught
in English and is recognised by UK NARIC as being equivalent to a UK
bachelor's degree, master's degree or PhD.
Exceptions to the English language requirement apply if you are a national of a
list of English-speaking countries, such as Australia or USA.
6. Personal Savings
- you have personal savings
(£945 in your bank account) so you can support yourself when you arrive
in the UK.
7. Criminal Record certificate
- provide police certificate
from any country you have lived in for 12 months or more in the last 10
1. Licensed Sponsor Application
- The Licensed Sponsor application fee is £536 for small businesses and charities or
£1,476 for medium and large organisations. It usually takes around 8 weeks to process a licence application.
Your sponsor checks that you can do the job
they are hiring you for and if it qualifies you for a
They will assign you a certificate of sponsorship to
prove you can undertake the job.
Your Sponsor is also responsible for giving you your
salary information, when you make your application.
Certificate of Sponsorship
A certificate of sponsorship is a register of your personal details
and information about the job you have been offered. The Certificate is an
electronic record, not a paper document. Your sponsor will give you a certificate
of sponsorship reference number to add to your application.
You can only use your certificate of sponsorship reference number
once. You must use it 3 months after it has been issued.
Conditions of a Skilled Worker Visa
Applicants who have an approved Skilled Worker visa UK can do the following in the UK:
- Work for their sponsor in the job described in their certificate of
- They can do additional work, in certain circumstances
- Do Voluntary work
- Study provided it does not interfere with the job you are sponsored for
- Travel overseas and return to the UK
- Include Family members in their visa application
Duration of Stay in the UK - Skilled Worker Visa
- You can stay in the UK with a Skilled Worker visa for a maximum of 5 years.
- You can start your stay up to 14 days before the start date on your
certificate of sponsorship
- You can apply to extend the Work visa for up to another 5 years, and then you may be
eligible to apply to settle permanently in the UK (Indefinite Leave to Remain).
Health and Care Visa - starting from 2022
From early 2022, thousands of additional care workers could be recruited to boost the adult social care workforce following temporary changes to the health and care visa to make social care workers, care assistants and home care workers eligible for a 12-month period. This will make it faster, cheaper and easier for social care employers to recruit eligible workers to fill vital gaps.
The coronavirus pandemic has demonstrated a range of staff shortages within the social care sector, placing pressures on the existing workforce, despite the incredible and tireless efforts of social care staff.
Inclusion on the Shortage Occupation List will stipulate an annual salary minimum of £20,480 for carers to qualify for the Health and Care visa. The UK is committed to becoming a high-skilled, high-wage economy and minimum salaries must reflect the professional skills that are required to provide quality care. The Health and Care visa will allow applicants and their dependents to benefit from fast-track processing, dedicated resources in processing applications and reduced visa fees.
The temporary measures are expected to come into effect early 2022, and will be in place for a minimum of 12 months, providing a much-needed staffing boost while the sector deals with the additional pressures of the pandemic, at which point they will be reviewed.
Office Address and Telephone - VisaConnect UK
Contact VisaConnect's Consultants at our London, UK office below:
VisaConnect Immigration Consultants UK
152 City Road
(+44) 207 193 2327
Skilled Worker Visa UK - Sample Visa Label