+44 0207 193 2327 (UK)
+61 03 9015 7918 (Australia)
+852 8191 5561 (Hong Kong)
Our UK Immigration Lawyers are experienced, ethical, and members of the Law Society of England and Wales. They can assist clients in our offices in Melbourne or Brisbane, Australia and in Hong Kong.
In addition, our United Kingdom qualified Lawyers can advise clients worldwide, with a fast and efficient Consultation by telephone or skype where they advise you about:
Contact VisaConnect's UK Immigration Lawyers in 2021 for advice and assistance with your Points Based System Immigration application for UK Settlement (Permanent Residence)!
1. Skilled Worker Route - Applicant has a job offer from a Home Office licensed sponsor, at the appropriate salary level.
2. Global Talent Route - This Route has opened to EU citizens on the same basis as non-EU citizens. This means the most highly skilled, who can achieve the required level of points, will be able to enter the UK without a job offer if they are endorsed under the Global Talent Visa by a recognised UK body, as approved by the Home Office.
3. Graduate Route - The Graduate Visa will be available to international students who have completed a degree in the UK from summer 2021. This will enable international students to remain in the UK and work at any skill level for two years after they have completed their studies or three years if they have completed a Phd. It will be an unsponsored route.
4. Intra-Company Transfer - The ICT route allows multinational organisations to facilitate temporary moves into the UK for key business personnel through their subsidiary branches, subject to compliance with ICT sponsorship requirements.
5. Start-up and Innovator - These routes are designed to attract entrepreneurial talent and innovative, scalable business ideas to the UK.
6. Health and Care Visa - The Health and Care Visa is part of the Skilled Worker route. It allows applicants to come to the UK to work if they are working in eligible health occupations, with a job offer from the NHS.
7. Creative route - This route is for applicants in the creative industry, with a Job offer, who are entering the United Kingdom for short‑term contracts or engagements for up to 12 months.
8. Sporting routes - International sportspeople must have a confirmed job offer and their employment sponsored by a UK employer licenced by the Home Office.
9. Seasonal Workers Pilot - The Seasonal Workers Pilot is currently running until the end of 2021 enabling the recruitment of a limited number of temporary workers for specific roles in the horticultural sector.
10. Youth Mobility Scheme - The UK has arrangements in place with eight countries and territories to enable around 20,000 young people to come to the UK to work and travel each year. Applicants must be 18 to 30 years old and can stay up to two years.
The new Points Based Immigration System system was introduced on 1 January 2021, and now EU and non-EU citizens will be treated equally. The UK Home Office will reduce overall levels of migration and give high priority to those with the highest skills and the greatest talents: scientists, engineers, academics and other highly-skilled workers.
The Skilled WOrker Visa has replaced the Tier 2 (General) work visa. To be eligible to apply for the Points Based Immigration System, as a Skilled Worker, you must score a total of 70 points in the Points test. Note that a number of the Points test characteristics are tradeable (not mandatory). See the Points Based System Characteristics and Points score below:
|Offer of Job by approved sponsor||No||20|
|Job at appropriate skill level||No||20|
|Speaks English at required level||No||10|
|Salary of £20,480 (minimum) – £23,039||Yes||0|
|Salary of £23,040 – £25,599||Yes||10|
|Salary of £25,600 or above||Yes||20|
|Job in a shortage occupation (as designated by the MAC)||Yes||20|
|Education qualification: PhD in subject relevant to the job||Yes||10|
|Education qualification: PhD in a STEM subject relevant to the job||Yes||20|