EB5 IMMIGRANT INVESTOR PROGRAM (GREEN CARD)
EB-5 Program - United States
The US Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) administers the EB-5 Program, which allows Investors, their spouses and unmarried childtren under 21 years to apply for a green card (permanent residence) if they:
- Make the necessary investment in a commercial enterprise in the United States; and
- Plan to create or preserve 10 permanent full-time jobs for qualified U.S. workers
The EB-5 visa was created by Congress in 1990, as a means to stimulate the U.S. economy through job creation and capital investment by foreign investors. Moreover, In 1992, Congress created the Immigrant Investor Program,
also known as the Regional Center Program.
EB-5 Job Creation Requirements
- Create or preserve at least 10 full-time jobs for qualifying U.S. workers within two years (or under certain circumstances, within a reasonable time after the two-year period) of the immigrant investor’s admission to the United States as a Conditional Permanent Resident.
- Create or preserve either direct or indirect jobs:
- actual identifiable jobs for qualified employees located within the commercial enterprise into which the EB-5 investor has directly invested his or her capital.
- those jobs shown to have been created collaterally or as a result of capital invested in a commercial enterprise affiliated with a regional center by an EB-5 investor. A foreign investor may only use the indirect job calculation if affiliated with a regional center.
Capital Investment Requirements
The required Minimum Investments are:
- General - The minimum qualifying investment in the United States is $1 million.
- Targeted Employment Area - (High Unemployment or Rural Area). The minimum qualifying investment either within a high-unemployment
area or rural area in the United States is $500,000.
EB-5 - Benefits
The benefits of investing in EB-5 Projects, as offered by our USCIS approved Regional Centers are:
- Direct route to a Green card - (Permanent residence), in the US for the Investor and their immediate family, including his/her spouse, and any children under the age of 21 years.
- The EB-5 Program is very Successful and Popular - Since 2008, there has been an injection of over $13.5 billion of foreign direct investment. Tens of thousands of jobs have been created in the US, since the program's inception in 1990.
- Specialist US Attorney Assistance - You select the safe and secure investment opportunity; our Regional Center, US Attorney's and affiliates manage the complete process.
- No Management of Investment required - Investors have no need to manage the investment on a daily basis. Generally, the Investor is a Limited Partner, and the control and management of the investment and project will be undertaken by the Regional Center or Project Developer.
- English Ability & Business Experience not required - No requirements based on Age, Business experience, Education or English language ability. No Visa sponsor required and no work visa needed for employment.
- Fast and Efficient Processing - by an experienced and dedicated legal team. The Program has No waiting list and No quota backlogs as exists in many other Employment and Sponsorship visa programs.
- No Residency restrictions - participants may settle anywhere in the United States, including in states such as Florida or Texas with no state income tax.
- Access to US Healthcare - A US Green card or Citizenship provides Investors and their family with access to the same high quality healthcare enjoyed by US citizens.
- Education in the US - Free Education in the US public schools system. Entitled to Education at US Colleges and Universities, at US resident costs.
- Fast US Citizenship - EB-5 is the fastest way to obtain US Citizenship and a US Passport. Potential for U.S. Citizenship after minimum of 5 years of established permanent residency in the U.S.
EB-5 Application Process
An application for an EB-5 must comply with the following steps:
1. File Form I-526
- Petition by Alien Entrepreneur. Note that our Regional Centers have a better than 99% approval rate on I-526 petitions,
which is significantly higher than the nation USCIS average of 89%.
2. Approval of Form I-526 petition
- need to file either of the following:
- File Form I-485 - Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, with USCIS to adjust status to a
conditional permanent resident within the United States, or
- File DS-230 or DS-260 - Application for Immigrant Visa and Alien Registration, with the U.S. Department of State to obtain an EB-5 visa for
admission to the United States.
Once the Form I-485 is approved, the Investor and his family will be granted conditional permanent residence
for a 2 year period.
4. File Form I-829
- Petition by Entrepreneur to Remove Conditions, 90 days before the two-year anniversary of the granting of the EB-5 investor’s
conditional resident status (Green Card).
5. USCIS Approves Form I-829 petition
- the conditions will be removed from the EB-5 applicant’s status and the EB-5 investor and derivative family members will be allowed to permanently
live and work in the United States.
Bank Street Lofts (EB-5 Project)
What is the Bank Street Lofts Project?
The beautiful and historic town of Hightstown, New Jersey lies just 50 miles outside of New York City. Close enough for the daily commute, but far enough away to escape the noise and hubbub of the city. Founded in 1721, Hightstown has a rich history
as an agricultural and transportation hub in New Jersey.
Benefits of the Bank Street Lofts Project
- Hightstown - Hightstown boasts beautiful historic architecture alongside modern shops and restaurants. Residents of this sleepy suburb enjoy low crime and unemployment rates and a stable housing market.
- Area of Hightstown - The entire area encompasses 15 square miles and has a population of over 27,000. Residents of Hightstown proper enjoy a median household income of $72,400 USD, 37 percent above the national average.
- Prime Location - The property site is stuated at 101 Bank Street, Hightstown, NJ, and is 20 minutes from Princeton, NJ, 30 minutes from Trenton, NJ, and an hour from New York City. It is an affordable urban setting outside of the major cities.
- Accessible to Public Transport and Airports - Direct shuttle service to New York City. Hightstown is located only 35 minutes from both the Newark Liberty International Airport and
Trenton Mercer Airport, and is an hour away from the Philadelphia International Airport.
- Massive Project Development - The Bank Street Lofts Project will contain over 200,000 square feet of residential and commercial development, along with over 400 parking spaces. The Bank Street Lofts Project in Hightstown,
NJ, plans to build 6 buildings, comprising 169 residential units over 179,912 square feet, along with 42,470 square feet of retail space for establishment of restaurants, entertainment areas, as well as public parks.
- Education - The Peddie School, a college prep school in the heart of Hightstown, is consistently ranked as one of the most elite boarding school in the
- Golf Course - Nearby is the Peddie Golf Club, which is a private member golf club located on the Peddie School campus. The course is a 72-par, 18-hole course complete with a club house
and pro shop.
Bank Street Lofts - Job Creation & Economic Analysis
It is anticipated that the Hightstown project will create approximately 495 direct and indirect full-time
by the third year of operation.
Job positions that will be created by development and operation of the residential and commercial development include: Accounting, Construction, Management, Leasing, Admin, Marketing, Security, and many more.
- Return on Investment - EB-5 investors will be offered a projected 0.25% per annum return on investment, paid from profits of the commercial enterprise.
- Targeted Employment Area (TEA) - As verified by the New Jersey Department of Labor and Workforce Development on August 15, 2016, the project is located in a
Targeted Employment Area (TEA), which means that the minimum EB-5 investment amount is reduced to $500,000 per investor.
- Project Schedule - A complete development schedule of 30 Months and five-year operation is projected for the new development. The full requisite
employment needed for EB-5 investors will be available before the I-829 petitions will be submitted.
- The Project Economic Consultants - Wright Johnson & Associates, Inc outline their Project economic forecast below:
“The Bank Street Lofts Project will increase investment in the region by a one-time amount of $55,473,755. This impact analysis finds that the project will generate significant and
positive economic benefits for the regional economy.”
"The Bank Street Lofts Project would result in annual growth in the regional economy by a
gain of $23,532,114 in regional household earnings."
"Project developers are estimating $21,000,000 in EB-5 capital from 42 investors. Individual investors in the project are estimated to be assigned 11.791 jobs each. The project provides
enough jobs to meet or exceed the requirements of the EB-5 program."
Greystone Hotel - Miami, Florida (EB-5 Project)
What is the Greystone Hotel Project?
This is an acclaimed project, which involves the renovation of the historic Greystone hotel to create over 50,000 square feet of hotel, restaurant, lounge and rooftop pool space in the heart
of the bustling nightlife and entertainment section of Miami Beach, Florida. Originally designed and built in 1939 by famous Architect, Henry Hohauser, it is located at 1920 Collins Avenue, in Miami Beach.
The renovation of the Greystone Hotel will create the following modernisations:
- 97 luxury rooms.
- Local artwork exhibits and hip and energetic events.
- 5,000 sq ft upscale restaurant with flavoutr of the mediterranean, 130 seats with outdoor area, and mezzanine level cocktail lounge.
4. Basement Speakeasy Bar
- 1,500 sq ft Basement level lounge, with state of the art sound system and sophisticated bar.
5. Rooftop Solarium
- 6,000 sq ft rooftop pool, bar and Event space together with Oyster Bar.
Why Invest in Miami?
- Miami is regarded as one of the most vibrant cities in the United States. Known as the 'Capital of Latin America', with a population of more than 5.59 million people. It is the United States fourth largest metropolitan
area, and the largest metropolitan area in Southeastern US.
- Miami International Airport provides more than 60 domestic and international routes. The Port of Miami, located on Dodge Island, has large passenger terminals and recently replaced New York as the nation's largest passenger port.
- As an international metropolis, many companies, banks and television studios have their headquarters in Miami, including: Exxon Mobil, Walt Disney, AT & T, Cisco, Microsoft and Fed Ex.
- Miami beach is the longest beach in the United States. The beautiful shorelines are famous for shallow waters, tropical breezes, small waves and fine white sand. Miami beach is often referred to as 'America's Riviera', and has been the United States premier beach resort destination
for nearly a century.
- 12% increase in Visitors to Miami from 2008 to 2011. In 2015, Miami hit a record number of 15.5 million visitors.
- Hotel occupancy rose slightly to 78.1 percent in 2015, placing Miami sixth in the nation among the top 25 hotel markets.
- Market demand, room revenue increases, and a stable growth trend have created a prime opportunity for new luxury hotels in the Miami beach market.
Greystone Hotel - Economic Analysis and Job Creation
The $22 million target EB-5 capital raise for the restoration of this property to embrace original charm of its exceptional location, while also providing the utmost in modern conveniences and
amenities. The EB-5 loan represents 34.9% of the total project cost, and is protected by the acquisition of $20 million in developer equity and $6.2 million in historic site tax credits.
- Econometrics Report - Prepared by by Dr. Michael Evans of Evans, Carroll, and Associates: The Greystone Hotel Project is slated to create more than 730 jobs. This equates to a buffer of more than 290 jobs, or at least 66% more than required for the project by USCIS.
- Local Landmarks - The Greystone hotel is in a prime location on Miami beach. Nearby are the following local landmarks: Over 50 retail stores and 25 restaurants, Lincoln road shopping district, Jackie Gleason Theater, Miami Beach Golf club, Wolfsonian
museum, Miami city Ballet, New World Symphony and the Miami Beach Convention Center.