+44 0207 193 2327 (UK)
+61 03 9015 7918 (Australia)
+852 8191 5561 (Hong Kong)
Our Australian Immigration Lawyers and Registered Migration Agents are experienced and ethical. We can assist High Net Worth Individual clients in our offices in Melbourne or Brisbane, Australia and in Hong Kong.
In addition, our Australian qualified Lawyers can advise clients worldwide, with a fast and efficient Consultation by telephone or skype where they advise you about:
Contact VisaConnect's Australian Immigration Lawyers and Migration Agents in 2020 for advice and assistance with your 188C Visa - Significant Investor Stream application for Australian permanent residence!
The purpose of the 188C Significant Investor Visa is to contribute to Australia's economy and increase economic stimulus and activity, growth, jobs and investment in different industries, by making a substantial investment in Australian funds.
The Applicant must make a complying investment of at least $5 million AUD for 4 years, in any of the following options, for an application made after the new rules were adopted in July 2015.
See VisaConnect's PDF document: 188C Visa - Significant Investor Stream. See the eligibility criteria for the 188C Visa below:
1. Venture Capital Investment - At least $500,000 AUD in venture capital and growth private equity funds which invest in start-ups and small private companies.
2. Managed Funds Investment - At least $1.5 million AUD in approved managed funds investing in emerging companies listed on the Australian Stock Exchange.
3. Balancing Investment - At least $3 million AUD in managed funds that may invest in a range of assets, including ASX-listed companies, Australian corporate bonds or notes, annuities and commercial real estate and hold the investment continuously for at least 4 years.
Real Estate - Direct investment in residential real estate is prohibited and indirect investment in residential property through managed funds is limited to about 10%
Residency Requirements - The Applicant must live in Australia for at least 160 days over 4 years
Business Activities - No Previous Involvement in Unacceptable Business Activities
Source of Funds - The funds used for the SIV 188C investment must be unencumbered and lawfully acquired
Health and Character - Meet the Character requirement and undergo a medical examination
State/Territory Nomination - The Applicant must genuinely intend to live in the State/Territory where the Government Agency nominated them, make a contribution to the State/Territory's economy, and continue their business investment activity after the complying investment matures. The Applicant can apply for Nomination to:
Victoria - State Government of Victoria
New South Wales - NSW Government - NSW Department of Treasury
Queensland - Business & Skilled Migration Queensland
South Australia - Immigration South Australia
Western Australia - Western Australian Business Migration Centre
Australian Capital Territory - Skills Canberra
Tasmania - Tasmanian Government - Migration Tasmania
Northern Territory - Northern Territory Government - Migration NT
See the benefits of applying for the 188C Significant Investor visa, in 2020 below:
No Points Test
No Age Limit
No Qualifications - No education and no business experience required
Minimal English Language Ability - If the Applicant or family members have virtually no English ability, they can still apply. Just require "functional' English language ability (IELTS 4.5 Score)
Family Members - Applicant can include Family unit members, and dependent children in the application
Mixture of Investments - The Applicant can invest in a combination of investments, based on preference, interest rate and high yield
Switch Investments - The Applicant can switch from one Investment to another complying investment during the Provisional visa
Live, Work, Study and Make Investments in Australia - After the 188C Provisional visa is granted
Processing Time - Fast visa processing time
Visa Valid for 4 Years and 3 months - with multiple entry facility
Visa Extension - Apply for a 188C Extension, if required
The 188C Visa application process is as follows:
1. Expression of Interest - Submit an Expression of Interest for the 188C Visa and Nominate your State/Territory.
2. Invitation to Apply for Visa - Receive Invitation to apply for 188C SIV Visa from State/Territory Government. Applicant kust apply for SIV Visa within 60 days.
3. Apply for 188C Visa - Make a formal application for the Significant Investor Visa, with supporting documents.
4. Make Investment of $5 million AUD - Make the investment of $5 million AUD within the timeframe stipulated by the Case Officer.
5. 188C Provisional Visa is Granted - The Applicant can switch from one Investment to another complying investment during the Provisional visa.
6. Maintain the Investment - Maintain the complying investments for 4 years
7. Apply for Permanent Residence - Business Innovation and Investment (Permanent) - 888 Visa
After 4 years of maintaining your 188C Investment, an applicant may be eligible to apply for the 888 Visa for Australian Permanent residence, provided they meet the following eligibility criteria:
1. Hold the 188C Visa - Primary or Secondary visa holder of a 188C Visa - Significant Investor Stream.
2. Nomination - The State or Territory Government must confirm that your Nomination is still current.
3. Maintained Complying Investment - The applicants must have held their complying investment of $5 million AUD for at least 4 years, and have notified the Department of Home Affairs regarding transfers of any investments to another investment.
4. Complied with Australian Laws - laws regarding taxation, superannuation and employment relations.
5. Functional English - The primary and secondary applicants must prove that they have functional English (IELTS 4.5 for each of the 4 test components).
6. Residence requirement - The Primary Applicant must have been in Australia for at least 160 days cumulatively in 4 years or the Applicant's Spouse must have been in Australia for at least 180 days per year cumulatively, in a 4 year period.
7. Not been Involved in Unacceptable Business Activities.
8. Intend to Continue your Business activities in Australia.
9. Meet Health requirement.
10. Meet Character requirement.
11. No Debts to the Australian Government.
12. No Visa Cancellation or Visa Refusal.
Applicants from PRC China and Hong Kong SAR can view our specific web page targeted to their region: