+44 0207 193 2327 (UK)
+61 03 9015 7918 (Australia)
+852 8191 5561 (Hong Kong)
Our Australian Immigration Lawyers and Registered Migration Agents are experienced and ethical. We can assist High Net Worth Individual clients in our offices in Melbourne or Brisbane, Australia and in Hong Kong.
In addition, our Australian qualified Lawyers can advise clients worldwide, with a fast and efficient Consultation by telephone or skype where they advise you about:
Contact VisaConnect's Australian Immigration Lawyers and Migration Agents in 2020 for advice and assistance with your 188 Visa - Business Innovation and Investment application for Australian permanent residence!
The 188A - Business Innovation stream is meant for experienced business persons who want to establish, develop and manage a new or existing business in Australia. See the eligibility criteria below:
1. Nomination - You must be nominated by an Australian State or Territory government and agree to comply with the State/Territory government's conditions.
2. Age - You should usually be under 55 years of age, but this can be waived by the State/Territory government where the proposed business will be of exceptional economic benefit.
3. Ownership Interest - For 2 of the last 4 years before applying, you had an ownership interest in an established business that had at least $500,000 AUD turnover in each of those years.
4. Percentage of Ownership - Own at least one of the following percentages of your nominated business – 51%, if the business has a turnover of less than $400,000 AUD, 30% if the business has a turnover of $400,000 AUD or more or 10% if the business is a publicly listed company.
5. Total Net Assets - Have Total Net assets of at least $800,000 AUD that are lawfully acquired and available for legal transfer to Australia within 2 years.
6. Business Career - Have an overall successful business history and career. You have no involvement in unacceptable business or investment activities.
7. Business Management Role - Have an intention to continuously own and maintain a management role in an Australian business.
8. Health and Character - You must undergo a heath examination and chest x ray and meet the health requirement. Also, you mus provide police clearance certificates and meet the character requirements.
The 188B - Investor stream is meant for Investors who are Nominated by a State/Territory government and want to make an investment in an Australian State/Territory, and maintain that investment. See the eligibility criteria below:
1. Age - You must usually be under 55 years of age, but this can be waived.
2. Points Test - You must pass the points test, and score at least 65 points.
3. Investment Management Skill - You have a High level of Management skill in relation to the eligible investment activity.
4. Investment Experience - You have 3 years' experience or more of direct involvement in managing 1 or more qualifying businesses or investments.
5. Successful Investments - You have an overall successful record of eligible investment.
6. Continue Investment Activity - Genuine and realistic commitment to continue your business and investment activity in Australia.
7. Live in Nominating State/Territory - Genuine intention to live for at least 2 years in the state/territory in which you have made the designated investment.
8. Investment Ownership - Managed for at least 1 of the 5 fiscal years before applying, an interest owned by you, of at least 10% in a qualifying business or managed at least $1.5 million AUD in eligible investments owned by you.
9. Net Assets - Net business and Personal assets of at least $2.25 million AUD, that are available for transfer to Australia within 2 years.
10. Designated Investment in Australia - Make a designated investment of at least $1.5 million AUD in a state or territory government security (Treasury bonds) and hold the investment for at least 4 years.
11. Health and Character - You must undergo a heath examination and chest x ray and meet the health requirement. Also, you must provide police clearance certificates and meet the character requirements.
The purpose of the Significant Investor visa is to contribute to Australia's economy and increase economic stimulus and activity, growth, jobs and investment in different industries, by making a large investment in Australian funds. See the eligibility criteria below:
There is no points test and no pass-mark required for this visa.
There is no Age limit. Applicants of all ages are welcome to apply.
There are minimal English language requirements. Even if the Applicant and their family have virtually no English ability, they can still apply.
The Applicant must make a complying investment of at least $5 million AUD for 4 years, in any of the following options, for an application made after the new rules were adopted in July 2015.
See VisaConnect's PDF document: 188C Visa - Significant Investor Stream
1. Venture Capital Investment - At least $500,000 AUD in venture capital and growth private equity funds which invest in start-ups and small private companies.
2. Managed Funds Investment - At least $1.5 million AUD in approved managed funds investing in emerging companies listed on the Australian Stock Exchange.
3. 'Balancing Investment' - At least $3 million AUD in managed funds that may invest in a range of assets, including ASX-listed companies, Australian corporate bonds or notes, annuities and commercial real estate. and hold the investment continuously for at least 4 years.
Direct investment in residential real estate is prohibited and indirect investment in residential property through managed funds is limited to about 10%.
You must genuinely intend to live in the State/Territory where the Government Agency nominated you, and continue your business investment activity after the complying investment matures.
You must comply with Australia's residency requirements and live in Australia for at least 160 days over 4 years.
You must meet the Health and Character requirements.
The Entrepreneur visa is a new addition to the 188 stream of visas and is available for applicants under 55 years of age, nominated by a State/Territory government, who have a funding agreement from a third party. See the eligibility criteria below:
Funding Agreement - You have a funding agreement from a third party for at least $200,000 AUD to undertake a complying entrepreneur activity. This activity must result in either the commercialisation of a product or service in Australia or the development of a business in Australia.
English Language Ability - You must provide evidence that you have at least Competent English ability.
Complying Activity - You must be undertaking or proposing a Complying Entrepreneur activity (Innovative idea that will lead to commercialisation) and have a genuine intention to continue this business activity.
The Entrepreneur activity must not relate to any of the following excluded categories:
1. Residential real estate
2. Labour hire
3. Purchase of an existing enterprise or a franchise in Australia
To be a complying Entrepreneur activity, you must have one or more legal agreements to receive funding from entities, such as Commonwealth/State governments or AVCAL Venture capital companies.