Share This Page:

Visitor Visas - Australia

Visitor Visa Australia

Who needs a Visa to travel to Australia?

All travellers except New Zealand citizens and Australian citizens (holding an Australian passport). Permanent residents of Australia require a Resident return Visa (RRV).

Visitor Visa and Business Visitor 600 Visa

The Visitor visa allows you to visit Australia for the following purposes:

  • Tourism as a Visitor.
  • Business purposes (attend meetings, Expo, Exhibition, Conference).
  • Tour with a registered travel agent from the People’s Republic of China
  • To visit family.

This visa is valid for either 3, 6 or 12 months depending on a number of factors. To get the 12 month visa, the applicant must provide evidence that they are a genuine visitor and will return to their country at the end of their visit. In addition, a Visitor from the People's Republic of China may apply for the Frequent Traveller stream, which allows the visitor visa to be granted for up to 10 years.

Apply online on Visaconnect's website for the Visitor visa, and get specialist assistance from our Migration Agents, and we also check and review your application and advise you about which supporting documents are required: Apply Online For Visitor or Business Visa To Australia

Working Holiday 417 Visa

The Working Holiday-maker visa program is designed for young adults to take a holiday and work in Australia for 12 months. See the eligibility criteria below:

  • The working holiday makers must be aged between 18 and 30 years from an eligible country (UK, Sweden, France, Denmark, Italy, Japan, Netherlands, and others).
  • You must genuinely intend to have a holiday in Australia and only do work incidental to the holiday.
  • You must have sufficient funds for a return ticket andnto support themselves upon arrival in Australia. (Evidence of funds required).
  • The visa is valid for a stay of 12 months in Australia and you can not work for more than 6 months with one employer. You are also eligible to study for up to 4 months.
  • You can apply for a Second year Working holiday visa, if you have completed 3 months or more 'specified work', while on your first working holiday visa. Specified work is work undertaken in a regional area of Australia, in the following industries: plant and animal cultivation, fishing and pearling, tree farming and felling, mining and construction.

Work and Holiday 462 Visa

The Work and Holiday visa program is designed for young adults to take a holiday and work in Australia for 12 months. See the eligibility criteria below:

  • You must be aged between 18 and 30 years of age, and encourages cultural exchange and closer ties between Australia and eligible countries (United States, Argentina, Chile, China, Spain, Thailand, Vietnam, and others).

  • The visa is intended for young people, such as backpackers, who wish to travel around Australia for a holiday and supplement their holiday with temp or casual work (6 months maximum work duration for one employer).
  • If you have worked in Australia in 'specified work' ina regional area for 3 months or longer during your 1st work and holiday visa then you can apply for a 2nd work and holiday visa.

Medical Treatment 602 Visa

The 602 Medical Treatment visa allows people to travel to Australia for any of the following medical purposes:

1. Medical treatment or consultations

2. To donate an organ in Australia. You cannot apply for this visa to have medical treatment for surrogate motherhood.

3. To accompany and support someone who is a patient needing medical treatment.

  • You must genuinely intend to leave Australia after treatment.
  • Medical arrangements have been organised, and payment for the treatment has been made.
  • You have sufficient funds for the trip and treatment.
  • You have had a specialist medical examination and an x-ray for tuberculosis.

Registered Migration Agents Member of American Immigration Lawyers Association MIA Licensed New Zealand Immigration Advisers UK OISC Immigration Adviser Qualified Education Agents