+44 0207 193 2327 (UK)
+61 03 9015 7918 (Australia)
+852 8191 5561 (Hong Kong)
Our UK Immigration Lawyers are experienced, ethical, and members of the Law Society of England and Wales. They can assist clients in our offices in Melbourne or Brisbane, Australia and in Hong Kong.
In addition, our United Kingdom qualified Lawyers can advise clients worldwide, with a fast and efficient Consultation by telephone or skype where they advise you about:
Contact VisaConnect's UK Immigration Lawyers in 2021 for advice and assistance with your Tier 4 - General Student Visa application!
To be eligible for the Tier 4 (General) Student visa, you must meet the following eligibility criteria:
1. Offered Place - You have been offered an unconditional place in a course, with a licensed Tier 4 sponsor.
2. English Ability - You have a good standard of English ability, and have sat an English test. You need a test score in CEFR level B2 if you are studying at a degree level or higher.
If you are not studying at a degree level, then you need to sit the SELT test in reading, writing, listening and speaking and score CEFR level B1.
3. Funds - You have sufficient funds available to support and accommodate yourself and pay for your course.
4. Non EEA Country - You are not from an EEA country or Switzerland.
To be a Licensed Tier 4 Sponsor, the UK Institution must be on a List of institutions licensed to sponsor migrant students under Tier 4. The Register of Sponsors provides the following information:
You can study the following type of course:
1. CAS - Once you have been offered a place in a course, your Education Provider will send you a reference number called a Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS).
2. Fingerprints - Once you have received your CAS, you can apply online for the Tier 4 (General) Student visa. You will then need to have your fingerprints and photograph taken at a visa application centre
(to get a biometric residence permit) as part of your application.
3. Biometric Residence Permit - Collect your biometric residence permit within 10 days of when you said you’d arrive in the UK (even if you arrive at a later date).
4. Time to Apply - The earliest you can apply for a Tier 4 Student visa is 3 months before you start your course. Usually, you will get a decision on your visa within 3 weeks.
5. Pay Healthcare Surcharge
6. Stay Duration - You can arrive in the UK, up to 1 week before your course starts, if your course lasts 6 months or less, and up to 1 month before your course start date, if your course lasts more than 6 months. The duration of your stay depends on the type of course you will study.
The new "Graduate" route will be open to all international students, including those from India, who have valid UK immigration status as a student and have successfully completed a course of study in any subject at undergraduate level or above at an approved UK Higher Education Provider. The visa will allow eligible students to work, or look for work, in any career or position of their choice, for two years after completing their studies.
Often referred to as a "Post-Study Work visa", the new Graduate route will launch for the 2020/21 intake of students to university. After the two years, they will be able to switch onto the skilled work visa if they find a job which meets the skill requirement of the route. Further details will be announced in due course.
The visa will offer opportunities to work or look for work after graduating. However, unlike the route which closed in 2012, this new route will also include safeguards to ensure only genuine, credible students are eligible.