+44 0207 193 2327 (UK)
+61 03 9015 7918 (Australia)
+852 8191 5561 (Hong Kong)
Tier 4 (General) Student Visa - UK
below is information about the process of obtaining a UK Tier 4 (General) Student visa:
Tier 4 Student Visa - Eligibility
To be eligible for the Tier 4 (General) Student visa, you must meet the following eligibility criteria:
1. Offered Place - You have been offered an unconditional place in a course, with a licensed Tier 4 sponsor.
2. English Ability - You have a good standard of English ability, and have sat an English test. You need a test score in CEFR level B2 if you are studying at a degree level or higher.
If you are not studying at a degree level, then you need to sit the SELT test in reading, writing, listening and speaking and score CEFR level B1.
3. Funds - You have sufficient funds available to support and accommodate yourself and pay for your course.
4. Non EEA Country - You are not from an EEA country or Switzerland.
What is a Licensed Tier 4 Sponsor?
To be a Licensed Tier 4 Sponsor, the UK Institution must be on a List of institutions licensed to sponsor migrant students under Tier 4. The Register of Sponsors provides the following information:
What type of course can you study?
You can study the following type of course:
What is the Student visa Application process?
1. CAS - Once you have been offered a place in a course, your Education Provider will send you a reference number called a Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS).
2. Fingerprints - Once you have received your CAS, you can apply online for the Tier 4 (General) Student visa. You will then need to have your fingerprints and photograph taken at a visa application centre
(to get a biometric residence permit) as part of your application.
3. Biometric Residence Permit - Collect your biometric residence permit within 10 days of when you said you’d arrive in the UK (even if you arrive at a later date).
4. Time to Apply - The earliest you can apply for a Tier 4 Student visa is 3 months before you start your course. Usually, you will get a decision on your visa within 3 weeks.
5. Pay Healthcare Surcharge
6. Stay Duration - You can arrive in the UK, up to 1 week before your course starts, if your course lasts 6 months or less, and up to 1 month before your course start date, if your course lasts more than 6 months. The duration of your stay depends on the type of course you will study.