Share This Page:

Tier 2 - Work Visa - UK

Tier 2 General Work Visa UK

Outlined below is general information about the process of obtaining a UK work visa:

Tier 2 (General) Visa

To be eligible to apply to come to the United Kingdom under Tier 2 - skilled worker you must meet the following eligibility criteria:

1. Job offer

2. Salary - prove that you are being paid a suitable salary (st least £30,000 per year or the ‘appropriate rate’ for your job).

3. Certificate of sponsorship - you have a valid certificate of sponsorship for your employment, from an authorized licensed sponsor

4. English Ability

5. Personal Savings - you have personal savings (£945 in your bank account) so you can support yourself when you arrive in the UK.

6. Criminal Record certificate - provide police certificate from any country you have lived in for 12 months or more in the last 10 years.

Tier 2 (Intra-Company Transfer) Visa

This category is for employees of multinational companies who are being transferred by their overseas employer to a UK branch of the organisation, either on a long-term basis or for frequent short visits.

The Intra-Company Transfer visa allows you to work for your sponsor in the job described in your certificate of sponsorship, do a second job in the same profession and at the same level as your main job for up to 20 hours per week, do voluntary work and study as long as it doesn’t interfere with the job you’re sponsored for.

There are 2 types of Intra-company transfer visa:

  • Long-term staff - This visa is for transfers of more than 12 months into a role that can’t be filled by a new UK recruit. You need to have worked for your employer overseas for at least 12 months, or receive a salary of £73,900 or more a year. You are eligible to stay in the UK for up to 9 years if you ear more than £120,000 a year or up to 5 years if you earn less than £120,000 a year.
  • Graduate trainee - This visa is for transfers into graduate trainee programmes for specialist roles. You need to be a recent graduate with at least 3 months’ experience with your employer overseas. You can stay in the UK for 12 months.

Registered Migration Agents Member of American Immigration Lawyers Association MIA Licensed New Zealand Immigration Advisers UK OISC Immigration Adviser Qualified Education Agents