+44 0207 193 2327 (UK)
+61 03 9015 7918 (Australia)
+852 8191 5561 (Hong Kong)
Our UK Immigration Lawyers are experienced, ethical, and members of the Law Society of England and Wales. They can assist clients in our offices in Melbourne or Brisbane, Australia and in Hong Kong.
In addition, our United Kingdom qualified Lawyers can advise clients worldwide, with a fast and efficient Consultation by telephone or skype where they advise you about:
Contact VisaConnect's UK Immigration Lawyers in 2021 for advice and assistance with your Tier 1 Investor Visa for UK Settlement (Permanent Residence)!
To apply for the UK Investor visa, you must meet the following eligibility criteria:
1. The Investor category is designed to allow high net worth individuals make a substantial financial investment in the United Kingdom, who are 18 years of age or over.
2. You must have access to at least £2,000,000 in investment funds to apply for the Investment visa.
3. You need to prove that the money belongs to you or you or your husband, wife, unmarried or same-sex partner. Your funds must be held in one or more regulated financial institution and the funds are disposable in the UK.
4. You are from outside the European Economic Area (EEA) and Switzerland. If you or your close family member commenced living in the UK before 1 January 2021, you may be able to apply to the free EU Settlement Scheme. Note that Irish citizens do not need to apply for a visa or to the EU Settlement Scheme.
5. You must have opened an account at a UK regulated bank to use for your funds.
6. You must provide a Criminal Record Certificate from any country you have stayed in for a total of 12 months or more over the last 10 years.
7. If you are applying from outside the UK - you and family members included in your application must make an appointment at a UK Visa and Citizenship Application Services (UKVCAS) service point to provide biometric information (fingerprints and a photo).
The UK Government encourages investment in the UK, which meets the following requirements:
The Investor must prove that they have £2 million, held in a regulated financial institution, which requires the following:
1. Able to Make Investment - The Applicant must show that they are able to make an investment of £2 million or more in the UK. This money may be held overseas at the time of application, or it may already be in the UK.
2. Funds can be Solely or Jointly Owned - Applicants may rely on money that is owned either jointly with, or solely by, your husband, wife, civil partner, unmarried or same-sex partner. You must have unrestricted right to transfer and dispose of the money and you must have permission from your husband, wife, civil partner, unmarried or same-sex partner to have control of this money in the UK. You must provide the evidence of your relationship and the permission to use the joint funds.
3. Money to be Converted to Pounds GBP - If the money is not held in pounds sterling, you must convert its value into pounds sterling on the application form. The UK Government will check the conversion using the exchange rate shown on the Oanda website on the date on which the application was made.
4. UK Investment in Last 12 Months - Applicants may use, as evidence of funds, investments made in the UK within the 12 months immediately before the date of the application, provided they are held in a UK regulated financial institution.
5. Property cannot be Used as Proof of Funds - Applicants may not use assets or possessions such as property as evidence of your funds for investment.
6. Beneficial Owner of Funds - In all cases you (or you and/or your husband, wife, civil partner, or unmarried or same-sex partner) must be the beneficial owner of the funds and not holding the investments on behalf of anyone else.
If you are using your own money to invest, you need to prove:
A. How much money you possess, and where the funds are being held.
B. Where the money is derived from, if you have held the money for less than 2 years. For example, you inherited the funds from a relative.
C. The money can be transferred to the UK and converted to sterling (if it is not already in the UK).
D. Any of the following sources of funds will be considered, provided that the requested evidence is provided:
1. Pay the current UK Government fee.
2. Pay the UK Healthcare Surcharge.
3. The processing time until you get a visa decision is currently 3 weeks.
4. You can stay in the UK for a maximum of 3 years and 4 months.
5. You can apply to extend the Investor visa for another 2 years.
6. If you’re applying to extend or switch in the UK you can pay an extra fee for the priority service to obtain a decision within 5 working days.
Home . About Us . Australian Visas . UK Visas . United States Visas . EB-5 Visa Program . Free Assessment . Cyprus Residence Permit . Malta Citizenship . Greece Residence Permit . Ireland Residency . Portugal Residence Permit . Spain Golden Visa . Education Agent Service . Visaconnect's Blogs . Contact Us . Sitemap .