+44 0207 193 2327 (UK)
+61 03 9015 7918 (Australia)
+852 8191 5561 (Hong Kong)
Tier 1 - Exceptional Talent Visa - UK
|Outlined below is
information about the process of obtaining a Tier 1 Exceptional Talent Visa:|
Tier 1 Exceptional Talent Visa - Eligibility
This Tier 1 Exceptional Talent visa route is designed for highly skilled individuals in the fields of science, humanities, engineering, the arts and digital technology who will enrich the UK’s knowledge economy and cultural life.
If you qualify, the route allows you to work and change employers, or to be self-employed, without the need for further authorisation or to be sponsored for employment in a specific post, and apply for settlement after 3 or 5 years.
To apply for the UK Exceptional Talent visa, you must work in a qualifying field, and meet the following eligibility criteria:
1. Endorsed as a recognised leader (exceptional talent) or
2. Endorsed as an emerging leader (exceptional promise).
3. Endorsed in one of the following fields: science, engineering, humanities, medicine, digital technology,
the arts, fashion, architecture or film and television.
4. Prove that you have made a significant technical, commercial, or entrepreneurial contribution in the digital technology sector either as a founder, entrepreneur or employee of a digital technology company.
5. Prove that you have been (or have the potential to be) recognised as a leading talent in the digital technology sector.
6. Prove continuous learning/mastery of new commercial or technical digital skills throughout your career.
7. Prove that you have exceptional ability in the field by making academic contributions through research.
Who provides an Exceptional Talent Endorsement
At stage 1, one of five Designated Competent Bodies will advise the Home Office whether you meet its eligibility criteria and have reached the appropriate level to be endorsed under Tier 1 (Exceptional Talent). The recognised Designated Competent Bodies are:
How do you get an Endorsement?
Usually, you will get a decision within 8 weeks. You may get a faster decision if you’re a digital technology specialist and one of the following applies:
When can you apply for Settlement in the UK?
What can you do in the UK, on an Exceptional Talent visa?