+44 0207 193 2327 (UK)
+61 03 9015 7918 (Australia)
+852 8191 5561 (Hong Kong)
Temporary Work Visas - Australia
Outlined below are the eligibility criteria for Australian temporary work visas:
Temporary Work - 400 Visa (Short Stay Specialist)
This visa is suitable for skilled, highly specialised workers to work in Australia for short period of time. See the eligibility criteria below:
1. Visa duration - visa is for 3 months, but the visa may be granted for 6 months, if there is a 'strong business reason' for the extra time.
2. Invitation - You have been invited or supported by the organization that will employ you.
3. Short-term work - Visa is for temporary 'short term' and non-continuous projects or assignments, with Australian companies.
4. Skilled worker - You must be skilled (e.g. Engineer, Software Developer), maintain Health insurance, and be of good character and in excellent health. Note that there is no English language ability required for this visa and no points test.
5. Non-ongoing work - Work must be non-ongoing (there must be an end date for the project).
6. No adverse impact on Australian workers - The skilled worker's short-term work must not have an adverse impact on the employment or training opportunities or conditions of employment in Australia.
7. No Study permitted - The skilled worker cannot study a School or award course, such as a Certificate or Diploma.
8. Financial - You must be able to support yourself and your family members and provide evidence of funds.
9. Health and Character - You must meet health and Character requirements and maintain Health insurance for the length of your stay in Australia.
Temporary Graduate - 485 Visa
The Temporary Graduate visa is intended for recent graduates from an Australian educational institution. The visa has 2 streams - Graduate Work and Post-study work.
Graduate Work stream
1. Nominate an Occupation - nominate a skilled occupation from the Medium and Long-term Strategic Skills List (MLTSSL).
2. Skills Assessment - you have applied for a skills assessment in your nominated occupation, and your skills have been assessed as 'suitable'.
3. Australian Study requirement - you have met the Australian study requirement in the past 6 months. This visa is granted for 18 months.
4. Australian Qualification - your degree, diploma or trade qualification is closely related to your nominated occupation.
5. Visa duration - visa is valid for 18 months from date it is granted.
Post-Study Work stream
This stream is for international students who graduate with a higher education degree from an Australian education provider, regardless of their field of study. The visa can be granted for up to 4 years.
Training - 407 Visa
This visa is designed for people who wish to participate in occupational training. There are 3 types of Occupational Training covered by this visa:
1. Workplace-based training - workplace training required for registration (e.g. Nurse and Doctor registration). Training must be for at least 30 hours a week.
2. Structured workplace-based training - to enhance skills in an eligible occupation.
3. Training that promotes capacity building overseas.