+44 0207 193 2327 (UK)
+61 03 9015 7918 (Australia)
+852 8191 5561 (Hong Kong)
Our UK Immigration Lawyers are experienced, ethical, and members of the Law Society of England and Wales. They can assist clients in our offices in Melbourne or Brisbane, Australia and in Hong Kong.
In addition, our United Kingdom qualified Lawyers can advise clients worldwide, with a fast and efficient Consultation by telephone or skype where they advise you about:
Contact VisaConnect's UK Immigration Lawyers in 2021 for advice and assistance with your UK Start-Up Visa application!
The Start-Up visa came into force in the UK, on 29 March 2019 following a number of changes to the Immigration Rules, and closure
of the Tier 1 Entrepreneur visa scheme.
To apply for the UK Start-Up visa, you must meet the following eligibility criteria:
1. The Start-up category is for early-stage, but high potential, entrepreneurs who are starting a business in the UK for the first time.
2. They may have already begun setting up their business, but it should not yet have commenced trading.
3. Applicants must be at least 18 years of age, and the applicant does not need any funds to invest in their business at this stage.
4. The Start-Up applicants must be endorsed by an approved body to get the visa.
5. The applicants must meet the English language requirement. To meet the English requirement, you must pass an approved English language test with at least CEFR level B2 in reading, writing, speaking and listening or having an academic qualification that was taught in English and is recognised by UK NARIC
as being equivalent to a UK bachelor’s degree, master’s degree or PhD. Exceptions to the English language requirement apply if you are a national of a list of English-speaking countries, such as Australia or USA.
6. Prove that you have enough personal savings to support yourself while you’re in the UK.
7. The applicants will need to have their fingerprints and photograph taken at a visa application centre (to get a biometric residence permit) as part of your application.
You must be endorsed by an authorised body that is either:
To get an Endorsement, you must prove that your business idea is:
1. The applicants cannot Settle in the UK, under the Start-Up visa.
2. They cannot work or train as a doctor or dentist.
3. They cannot work as a professional sportsperson.
4. They cannot get public funds.
A decision will be made on the applicant's Start-Up visa application:
Applicants will be notified if their application is complex and will take a longer processing time, for example: