+44 0207 193 2327 (UK)
+61 03 9015 7918 (Australia)
+852 8191 5561 (Hong Kong)
Our UK Immigration Lawyers are experienced, ethical, and members of the Law Society of England and Wales. They can assist clients in our offices in Melbourne or Brisbane, Australia and in Hong Kong.
In addition, our United Kingdom qualified Lawyers can advise clients worldwide, with a fast and efficient Consultation by telephone or skype where they advise you about:
Contact VisaConnect's UK Immigration Lawyers in 2021 for advice and assistance with your Innovator Visa to set-up a business in the UK!
The Innovator visa came into force in the UK, on 29 March 2019 following a number of changes to the Immigration Rules, and closure
of the Tier 1 Entrepreneur visa scheme.
To apply for the UK Innovator visa, you must meet the following eligibility criteria:
1. This visa is meant for Innovators - who are at least 18 years old, with an idea that will help the UK economy. You must be able to show that your business idea is:
2. The Innovator visa is for experienced non-EEA businesses. - If you or your close family member started living in the UK before 1 January 2021, you may be able to apply to the free EU Settlement Scheme.
Otherwise you need a visa to work in the UK. Note that Irish citizens do not need to apply for a visa or to the EU Settlement Scheme.
3. Minimum Funds for Investment - The applicants will need a minimum of £50,000 funds for investment, and the funding can be derived from any source.
4. Develop Business in the UK - The Innovators must be dedicated to developing their business venture in the UK.
5. Obtain an Endorsement - The Innovator must be endorsed by an approved body to get the visa. The endorsing body can choose to fund the innovator if they like.
6. Meet English Language requirement - The Innovator must meet the English language requirement. To meet the English requirement, you must pass an approved English language test with at least CEFR level B2 in reading, writing, speaking and listening or having an academic qualification that was taught in English and is recognised by UK NARIC
as being equivalent to a UK bachelor’s degree, master’s degree or PhD. Exceptions to the English language requirement apply if you are a national of a list of English-speaking countries, such as Australia or USA.
7. Personal Savings - Prove that you have enough personal savings to support yourself while you’re in the UK.
8. Fingerprints taken - The applicant will need to have their fingerprints and photograph taken at a visa application centre (to get a biometric residence permit) as part of your application.
Applicants usually get a decision within 8 weeks of their application date. If your application will take longer, you will be contacted, for example:
Note that you may be able to pay to get a faster decision - applicants will be informed when they apply.
1. The Innovator cannot work for any other business outside their own. This includes anything which effectively amounts to employment, such as using their own business to hire out their labour to another employer.
2. They cannot work or train as a doctor or dentist.
3. They cannot work as a professional sportsperson.
4. They cannot get public funds.