Share This Page:


Innovator Visa UK

UK Immigration Lawyers - Innovator Visa Advice

Our UK Immigration Lawyers are experienced, ethical, and members of the Law Society of England and Wales. They can assist clients in our offices in Melbourne or Brisbane, Australia and in Hong Kong. In addition, our United Kingdom qualified Lawyers can advise clients worldwide, with a fast and efficient Consultation by telephone or skype where they advise you about:

Contact VisaConnect's UK Immigration Lawyers in 2021 for advice and assistance with your Innovator Visa to set-up a business in the UK!

Innovator Visa UK - Eligibility

The Innovator visa came into force in the UK, on 29 March 2019 following a number of changes to the Immigration Rules, and closure of the Tier 1 Entrepreneur visa scheme.

To apply for the UK Innovator visa, you must meet the following eligibility criteria:

1. This visa is meant for Innovators, who are at least 18 years old - with a new innovative idea that will help the UK economy.

2. The Innovator visa is for experienced non-EEA businesses.

3. The applicants will need a minimum of £50,000 funds for investment, and the funding can be derived from any source.

4. The innovators must be dedicated to developing their business venture in the UK.

5. The Innovator must be endorsed by an approved body to get the visa. The endorsing body can choose to fund the innovator if they like.

6. The Innovator must meet the English language requirement. To meet the English requirement, you must pass an approved English language test with at least CEFR level B2 in reading, writing, speaking and listening or having an academic qualification that was taught in English and is recognised by UK NARIC as being equivalent to a UK bachelor’s degree, master’s degree or PhD. Exceptions to the English language requirement apply if you are a national of a list of English-speaking countries, such as Australia or USA.

7. Prove that you have enough personal savings to support yourself while you’re in the UK.

8. The applicant will need to have their fingerprints and photograph taken at a visa application centre (to get a biometric residence permit) as part of your application.

Who can endorse the Non-EEA business?

What can the Innovator do under the UK Innovator Visa?

How long can you stay in the UK, on an Innovator Visa?

What are the restrictions of the UK Innovator Visa?

1. The Innovator cannot work for any other business outside their own. This includes anything which effectively amounts to employment, such as using their own business to hire out their labour to another employer.

2. They cannot work or train as a doctor or dentist.

3. They cannot work as a professional sportsperson.

4. They cannot get public funds.

Innovator Visa UK Label

Registered Migration Agents Member of American Immigration Lawyers Association MIA Licensed New Zealand Immigration Advisers UK OISC Immigration Adviser Qualified Education Agents