INNOVATOR VISA - UK
Table of Contents
UK Immigration Lawyers - Innovator Visa Advice
Our UK Immigration Lawyers are experienced, ethical, and members of the Law
Society of England and Wales. They can assist clients in our offices in Brisbane, Australia, Singapore, Hong Kong, London, UK and Lisbon, Portugal.
In addition, our United Kingdom qualified Lawyers can advise clients worldwide, with a fast and efficient Consultation by
telephone or skype where they advise you about:
- Visa eligibility
- Information about the visa process
- Advice regarding obtaining funding
- Advice regarding Business plan, business set-up in the UK, company
inorporation, tax and accounting
- Advice regarding supporting documents including: Qualification certificates,
- Assistance in applying for Endorsement from a UK organisation
- Advice regarding the English language requirement
- Assistance in completion of UK Visa Application forms
- Advice regarding an application for Criminal Record Certificates
- Assistance in booking an appointment at a UK Visa and Citizenship Application
Services (UKVCAS) service point to provide your biometric information (your
fingerprints and a photo)
- Visa Processing time guidance
- Information about the UK Government fee, Healthcare surcharge and Lawyers
fees for complete visa application assistance
In 2022, Contact VisaConnect's UK Immigration Lawyers for advice
and assistance with your Innovator Visa to set-up a business in the UK!
Eligibility - Innovator Visa UK
The Innovator visa came into force in the UK, on 29 March
following a number of changes to the Immigration Rules, and closure of the
Tier 1 Entrepreneur visa scheme.
To apply for the UK Innovator visa, you must meet the following
1. This visa is meant for Innovators
- who are at least 18
years old, with an idea that will help the UK economy. You must be able to show
that your business idea is:
2. The Innovator visa is for experienced non-EEA businesses.
- New - you cannot join a business that is already trading.
- Innovative - you must have an original business idea which is
different from anything else on the market
- Viable - with potential for growth
- If you or your close family member started living in the UK before 1 January
2021, you may be able to apply to the free EU Settlement Scheme. Otherwise you need
a visa to work in the UK. Note that Irish citizens do not need to apply for a visa
or to the EU Settlement Scheme.
3. Minimum Funds for Investment
- The applicants will need a
minimum of 50,000 funds for investment,
and the funding can be
derived from any source.
4. Develop Business in the UK
- The Innovators must be
dedicated to developing their business venture in the UK.
5. Obtain an Endorsement
- The Innovator must be endorsed by
an approved body to get the visa. The endorsing body can choose to fund the
innovator if they like.
6. Meet English Language requirement
- The Innovator must
meet the English language requirement. To meet the English requirement, you must
pass an approved English language test with at least CEFR level B2 in reading,
writing, speaking and listening or having an academic qualification that was taught
in English and is recognised by UK NARIC as being equivalent to a UK
bachelor's degree, master's degree or PhD.
Exceptions to the English language requirement apply if you are a national of a
list of English-speaking countries, such as Australia or USA.
7. Personal Savings
- Prove that you have enough personal
savings to support yourself while you're in the UK.
8. Fingerprints taken
- The applicant will need to have
their fingerprints and photograph taken at a visa application centre (to get a
biometric residence permit) as part of your application.
Who can Endorse the Non-EEA business?
- The endorsing body can be a third-party organization in the UK
- Organisations that have a track of supporting UK entrepreneurs
- Their endorsement request must have support from the UK or devolved
government department as being clearly linked to that
- The organisation must be able to assess the applicants
- To support your application, you must provide a business plan and supporting
documents for endorsement
- If your business idea is successfully assessed by the endorsing body, then
they will provide you with an endorsement letter, if your business is viable
Visa Decision - Innovator Visa
Applicants usually get a decision within 8 weeks of their
application date. If your application will take longer, you will be contacted, for
- If you are applying with a family member who needs an appointment but you do
- If your supporting documents need to be verified
- If you need to attend an interview
- Due to your personal circumstances, for example if you have a criminal
Note that you may be able to pay to get a faster decision -
applicants will be informed when they apply.
Benefits of Innovator Visa
- The Innovator can set up and establish their own business in the UK
- They can work for their business as a director, partner or be self-employed
as a member
- They can bring their family (dependents) with them to the UK
Stay duration in the UK - Innovator Visa
- You can stay in the UK on an Innovator visa for 3 years. Innovators can apply
to extend their stay for a further 3 years.
- The innovator can apply for settlement - Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR), if
they have been in the UK for 3 years. However, if their endorsement is withdrawn,
their visa will be shortened. In such cases, they can apply for a new endorsement
before their visa period expires.
Restrictions of the UK Innovator Visa
The Innovator cannot work for any other business outside
their own. This includes anything which effectively amounts to employment, such as
using their own business to hire out their labour to another employer.
They cannot work or train as a doctor or
They cannot work as a professional
They cannot get public funds.
Office Address and Telephone - VisaConnect UK
Contact VisaConnect's Consultants at our London, UK office below:
VisaConnect Immigration Consultants UK
152 City Road
(+44) 207 193 2327
Innovator Visa UK - Sample Visa Label
Innovator Visa's Issued - Number of Approved Main Applicants