GLOBAL TALENT VISA - UK
UK Immigration Lawyers - Global Talent Visa Advice
Our UK Immigration Lawyers are experienced, ethical, and members of the Law Society of England and Wales. They can assist clients in our offices in Melbourne or Brisbane, Australia and in Hong Kong.
In addition, our United Kingdom qualified Lawyers can advise clients worldwide, with a fast and efficient Consultation by telephone or skype where they advise you about:
- Visa eligibility
- Information about the visa process
- Assistance in applying for an Global Talent Endorsement through an approved Endorsing Body
- Advice regarding supporting documents including: Qualification certificates, Work references, Research and Awards
- Advice if your occupation is in a 'Qualifying Field'
- Assistance in completion of UK Global Talent Visa Application forms
- Advice regarding an application for Criminal Record Certificates
- Assistance in booking an appointment at a UK Visa and Citizenship Application Services (UKVCAS) service point to provide your biometric information (your fingerprints and a photo)
- Visa Processing time guidance
- Information about the UK Government fee, Healthcare surcharge and Lawyers fees for complete visa application assistance
Contact VisaConnect's UK Immigration Lawyers in 2021 for advice and assistance with your Global Talent Visa for UK Settlement (Permanent Residence)!
Global Talent Visa - Eligibility
The new Global Talent visa system started on 20 February 2020 and is managed by the UK Research and Innovation Agency (UKRI), which funds government research. It is a fast-track visa, with no cap on the number of suitably qualified persons that can apply, and no minimum salary requirements.
To apply for the UK Global Talent visa, you must work in a qualifying field, and meet the following eligibility criteria:
1. Endorsed as a recognised leader (exceptional talent) or
2. Endorsed as an emerging leader (exceptional promise) or
3. Under the UK Research and Innovation endorsed funder option.
Who are the Endorsing Bodies for a Global Talent Visa?
At stage 1, one of the Endorsing Bodies will advise the Home Office whether you meet its eligibility criteria and have reached the appropriate level to be endorsed under the Global Talent visa. The Endorsing Bodies are:
- Arts Council England - for arts, culture applications;
- The British Academy – for humanities and social science applications;
- The Royal Society - for natural sciences and medical science research applications;
- The Royal Academy of Engineering - for engineering applications; and
- UK Research and Innovation (UKRI) - for research applicants
- British Fashion Council - for fashion applicants
- Royal Institute of British Architects (RIBA) - for architecture applications
- Producers Alliance for Cinema and Television (PACT) - for film and television applicants
- Tech Nation - for digital technology specialists
How do you get an Endorsement?
The Global talent visa involves a 2-stage application process:
1. Endorsement - Stage 1
2. Apply for Entry Clearance or Leave to Remain - Stage 2
The visa decision is usually made within 8 weeks of applying. Note that you can get a faster decision if you:
- You have been accepted onto a recognised UK accelerator programme, as a digital technology specialist
- You will be hosted or employed in an approved UK research organisation. In addition, you will provide critical contributions to work supported by a research grant or award from an approved endorsed funder
- You hold an approved peer-reviewed fellowship
- You are a senior academic or senior researcher at a UK university, college or research institute
When can you apply for Settlement in the UK?
- apply to settle after 3 years, with an exceptional talent visa or exceptional talent endorsement in science or with a UKRI endorsement
- apply to settle after 5 years, with an exceptional promise endorsement in either arts and culture or digital technology