Share This Page:

Family Migration to New Zealand

Family Migration To New Zealand

New Zealand Lawyers and Licensed Immigration Advisers - Family Migration Advice

Our New Zealand Immigration Lawyers and Licensed Immigration Advisers are experienced and ethical. We can assist High Net Worth Individual clients in our Hong Kong office and specialise in providing expert assistance for Hong Kong SAR and PRC China Business and Investor applicants. In addition, our New Zealand qualified Lawyers can advise clients worldwide, with a fast and efficient Consultation by telephone or skype where they advise you about:

Contact VisaConnect's New Zealand Licensed Immigration Advisers and Lawyers in 2021 for advice and assistance with your Family Migration - Parent visa, Partner visa or Child visa application for Permanent Residence of New Zealand!

Partner of a New Zealander Resident Visa

You can apply to live in New Zealand permanently if you are a partner of a NZ citizen or resident. See the eligibility criteria below:

1. Age - usually must be 18 years or older.

2. Partner's Place of residence - Your partner must live in New Zealand and provide evidence that NZ is their country of residence. including: bills sent to their NZ address, and NZ employment records.

3. Live together - You live together with your spouse.

4. Genuine and Stable Relationship - You are in a genuine and stable relationship with your partner, and can provide relationship evidence.

5. Supporting Partner - Your supporting partner must be a New Zealand citizen or resident.

6. Dependent Children - You can include dependent children, aged 24 years and under, in your visa application.

7. Health and Character - You and your NZ partner must meet the health and character requirements and have no debts to the Australian government.

What is a Partnership?

'Partnership' is defined by Immigration New Zealand as two people of the opposite or same sex who live together in a genuine and stable relationship, in any of the following:

Relationship Evidence

To be eligible for the partner visa, you and your partner must have been living together in a genuine and stable relationship, for 12 months or more. You should provide the following information and evidence about your relationship:

Parent Resident Visa

The Parent resident visa allows you to move to NZ to join your adult New Zealand citizen or resident child through making an Expression of Interest, and you are sponsored by your child.

Note that the Parent resident visa is Temporarily Closed.

Dependent Child Resident Visa

As a New Zealand citizen or resident living in NZ, you can bring your dependent children to NZ to live with you. See the eligibility criteria below:

1. Relationship with your Children - You must confirm your relationship to your children and that you are the parent of your dependent children, by providing full birth certificates, adoption papers or other documents.

2. Dependent Children - Your children must single and dependent on their parent for financial support. To be considered dependent, the child must be:

3. Health and Character - Your dependent children must provide police certificates if they are over 17 years, and undergo a medical examination and chest x ray.

4. English Language - Your dependent child, aged 16 years or over may need to meet English language requirements.

Registered Migration Agents Member of American Immigration Lawyers Association MIA Licensed New Zealand Immigration Advisers UK OISC Immigration Adviser Qualified Education Agents