+44 0207 193 2327 (UK)
+61 03 9015 7918 (Australia)
+852 8191 5561 (Hong Kong)
Essential Skills Work Visa - New Zealand
Essential Skills Work Visa - Eligibility Criteria
1. Job Offer - You have been offered a full-time job to work in New Zealand for an employer.
2. Employer attempts to recruit New Zealanders - Employer must try and recruit any suitable New Zealanders who are available to do the work, before offering you the job.
3. Self-employment Not Permitted - This visa is for employment with a NZ employer and does not allow self-employment.
4. Specific Occupation - You may work only in the specific occupation for the employer, and in the location specified on your visa.
5. Salary - You must be paid at or above the required amount, by the skill-band of your employment, and evidence of payment of remuneration may be requested.
6. Study - You are permitted to study for up to 3 months in any 12 month period.
7. Character - You must be of good character, and provide police clearance certificates.
8. Health - You must be in good health and be prepared to provide a chest x ray and medical examination.
Availability of New Zealanders
There must be no New Zealanders available to do the work that you have been offered, and the employer must provide evidence of genuine attempts to recruit New Zealanders (for example, newspaper and website advertisemnts), unless one of the following situations applies:
New Zealand Job Offer
You must have an offer of full-time work, which is current at the time you apply for the visa. You must provide an Employment Agreement as evidence of your job offer, and the Agreement must include: