+44 0207 193 2327 (UK)
+61 03 9015 7918 (Australia)
+852 8191 5561 (Hong Kong)
Entrepreneur Work Visa - New Zealand
Entrepreneur Work Visa - Eligibility Criteria
The Entrepreneur Work Visa allows you to work in your own business in New Zealand. See the visa eligibility criteria below:
1. Own a Business - You plan to buy or set up a business in New Zealand.
2. Visa Duration - The initial start-up visa is for 12 months, and then you can obtain an additional 24 months visa, once you have shown that you have set up your business. Therefore, you can work in your own business in NZ for up to 3 years, in total.
3. Investment Amount - You must invest a minimum of $100,000 NZD in your business.
4. Minimum Capital Investment Waiver - To request a waiver of the capital investment amount of less than $100,000 NZD, your business must be in Science, ICT or another high value export sector, and your business shows a high level of innovation or short-term growth prospects.
5. Points test - You need to pass the points test and are awarded points for:
6. Business Plan - You must provide a detailed Busines plan for the business you intend to own in NZ.
7. English ability - You have an acceptable level of English and have sat an English test months in any 12 month period (IELTS Overall score of 4.0 or more).
8. Character - You must be of good character, and provide police clearance certificates.
9. Health - You must be in good health and be prepared to provide a chest x ray and medical examination.
Your business plan must include the following information about your business that you will operate in New Zealand:
Once you have been granted an Entrepreneur Work visa, you must start-up your business within 12 months. Towards the end of the 12 months start-up stage, you will need to show that you have met the following requirements: