+44 0207 193 2327 (UK)
+61 03 9015 7918 (Australia)
+852 8191 5561 (Hong Kong)
Employer Sponsored Skilled Visas
Outlined below is general information about visa eligibility for Employer Sponsored Skilled visas for workers to work in Australia and obtain permanent residence:
Employer Nomination Scheme - 186 Visa
New Changes From 18 March 2018:
The ENS 186 visa has 3 streams:
1. Temporary Residence Transition stream - available for Temporary Skilled Workers, 482 TSS Visa, and workers who are still on the former 457 visa, and have worked in Australia for 2 years for their nominating employer.
2. Direct Entry stream - available for people who have been nominated by their employer under the Direct Entry stream or people who have never, or only briefly, worked in Australia, or
temporary residents who do not qualify for the Temporary Residence Transition stream.
3. Agreement stream - available for Temporary Skills Shortage visa holders, and former subclass 457 visa holders, sponsored by an employer through a labour agreement.
A. Business in Australia - Employer must prove that the business is located in
Australia and that it is operated by the employer, and complies with Australian immigration and workplace relations laws.
B. No Adverse Business Information - there is no adverse information about the Employer's Australian business or any person associated with the business.
C. Genuine Position - Employer must show that they have a genuine need for a paid employee to fill a skilled position.
D. Licensing - Employer must demonstrate that the skilled person is eligible for any mandatory licensing, registration or professional body membership where required.
E. Full time Position - Employer must prove that the position is a full time, fixed-term appointment of at least 2 years, paying a market salary rate.
F. Training requirements - Employer must have met the Temporary Skills Shortage, Subclass 482 visa or former subclass 457 visa training requirements in each year they have been a standard business sponsor.
1. Nomination Approved -The Nominee or Worker must be nominated by an Australian employer and this nomination has been approved within the 6 months before the visa application.
2. Age - The Nominee is under 45 years at the time of visa application.
3. Nominee's Skills - must have skills and qualifications relevant to the nominated position.
4. Licensing - The Nominee can satisfy any mandatory licensing or registration requirements.
5. English Language Ability - The Nominee has competent level English language ability, at the time of visa lodgement. Competent level English is demonstrated with a score of at least 6 in each of the four test components (speaking, reading, listening and writing) in an International English Language Testing System (IELTS) test. It may be possible to get an exemption from the English test if you have completed at least 5 years of full-time study in a secondary or higher education institution, where the tuition was provided completely in English.
6. Health and Character - The Nominee and all family members meet health and character requirements.
ENS Visa Benefits
If you and your family members have been granted the 186 or 187 Skilled Sponsored visa, you are permitted to:
Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme - 187 Visa
EMPLOYER NOMINATION SCHEME 186 WORK VISA – AUSTRALIAN RESIDENCE