MARRIOTT MIAMI BEACH - EB5 PROJECT FOR IMMIGRANT INVESTOR PROGRAM - IN 2020
Outlined below is our current Project open for investment in the EB-5 Immigrant Investor Program, through our Regional Centers for High Net Worth Immigration to USA and to obtain United States permanent residence (Green card):
Marriott Hotel - Miami Beach
Why Invest in the Marriott Hotel?
The Marriott's recent acquisition of Starwood Hotels makes it the largest hotel company in the world with 1.2 million rooms across over 6,000 hotels
in over 120 countries.
- The Marriott's core values are putting people first, pursuing excellence, embracing change and innovation, acting with integrity and serving the world to make a sustainable impact. Being part of Marriott International means being part of a proud history and a
thriving culture, with the advantage of a global advertising and branding reach
- The Hotel industry's most admired and largest loyalty program with over 100 million members
Marriott Moxy Hotel
The Marriott Hotel in Miami Beach will be a Moxy Hotel, which are spirited and sophisticated: the perfect match for Miami’s sophisticated, yet eclectic South Beach neighborhood.
Moxy is an energetic alternative to the typical hotel experience, where affordable rates don’t mean sacrificing style or comfort. Moxy provides innovative and cleverly designed bedrooms and immersive social
spaces for co-working and mingling. The Project Developer Lightstone has partnered with leading restaurant and nightclub partners to create a premier nightlife, dining, and lounge atmosphere at Moxy locations. The brand is fast-growing
with 28 locations globally and more opening every year. Features of all Marriott Moxy hotels include:
The Marriott Miami Beach will include all the standard features of Marriott Moxy hotels, plus additional advanced, High-Tech features including:
- Public gathering space, lobby and lounge
- 24/7 self-service food and beverage concept
- Rooms decorated with organic and natural materials
- High-thread-count bedding
- Upscale bath amenities
- Flat-screen 47″ televisions, Convenient USB ports
- Signature art wall makes each room unique
- Fast, free Wi-Fi throughout the building, Motion-activated lights, Air-play technology
- Tech enabled room featuring Keyless entry
- Abundance of Plugins
- Upscale details and finishes, including wood flooring
- Ground floor restaurant will feature eclectic causal seating, Interior courtyard, Second floor Pool and lounge will offer guests appealing and chic onsite amenities
- Self-check-in kiosks, as well as smartphone mobile check-in options
- Huge private Rooftop bar and deck of 6,657 SF, on the 7th floor, with stunning ocean views
EB-5 Investment Features - Marriott Miami Beach
Secure a Green Card
- Limited Personal Guarantee - in the unlikely event of an I-526 denial, there is a guarantee to refund, from the Project Developer CEO
- 99.8% Approval rate on I-526 Petitions - Successful historical track record with USCIS with over $400 million raised across 7 projects
- Hotel Project Completion Guarantee - The Project Developer has guaranteed the completion of the project
- Strong Job Buffer - 37.9 Jobs per Investor if $25 million is raised from 50 EB-5 Investors
- Senior Financing agreed - Leading construction lender has committed to project
- Greenberg Traurig Attorneys - All legal documents prepared by top immigration law firm
- Experienced Developer - Lightstone is one of the largest privately held real estate companies in the US with 30 years of experience
1. Great Location
- The project is centrally located in South Beach, the highly vibrant, upscale, and exclusive area of Miami.
2. Sophisticated Development Team
- Very experienced Development team, with previous EB-5 Projects, managing a simple construction plan, which increases likelihood of return of funds.
3. CPA Accountant
- Third party accountant audits flow of funds to EB-5 project.
4. Marriott International Special Investment
- Marriott has made a rare financial commitment to the Project.
5. Miami International Airport
- The third busiest Airport in the United States, with over 21.4 Million visitors per year, and leading airport in the U.S. for international freight.
6. Miami Port
- Busiest Passenger Cruise Port in the world, with over 5 million passengers annually. Miami is one of the top 10 travel destinations in the world.
7. Miami Hotel market
- Large increases in average daily rate and occupancy in 2018.
8. Project Completion Date
- The hotel is expected to be completed and open for business in March 2021.
Property Features and Overview - Marriott Miami Beach
The main features of the new Marriott Hotel Miami Beach will be:
- 77,955 SF (7,242 SM), 202 Rooms, 7 Stories
- 3,135 SF of Retail space on the ground floor
- Hotel address - 915 Washington Avenue, Miami, Florida 33139
- Maturity Date of Loan - 30 June 2023
- Interest rate - 0.25%
- Investment Amount - $500,000 USD
- Admin Fee - $50,000 USD
- Return of Funds - Payback before I-829 approval (after 2 years conditional green card)
Reasons to Invest in the Marriott Miami Beach
Miami hotel industry leads the USA, with 2018 proving to be a record-breaking year:
1. Hotel Occupancy rate
- Occupancy is up 4.5% to 86.9%.
2. Average Daily Room rate
- Up 12.1% to $260.17 USD.
3. Revenue per Room
- Up 17.2% year over year.
4. Overnight and Day Visitors to Miami Increasing
- 16.5 million overnight visitors in 2018, up +3.5 percent compared to 2017, along with 6.8 million Day Trippers for a total visitor number of 23.3 million.
5. Economic Impact on Miami
- economic impact of nearly $18 billion, fueled mostly by international visitors who contributed an estimated 54 percent of the total economic impact.
6. Miami is a Popular Tourist destination
- Miami has miles of sandy beaches, world-class amusement parks, and cosmopolitan cities, Florida has become one of the most visited states in the U.S.
7. Hotel Construction is Booming in Miami
- Over the past five years, the number of hotel rooms in Miami-Dade County increased 17% to 57,154, according to a report from the Miami Downtown Development Authority. Recent additions include Ignazio and Maggio Cipriani’s 100-room Mr. C hotel in Coconut Grove.
Future developments include the massive Miami Worldcenter mixed-use project downtown, which is slated to include a 1,700-room Marriott Marquis hotel.
8. Miami Beach Convention Center
- Nestled in the heart of Miami Beach, the state-of-the-art Miami Beach Convention Center offers flexible special event and exhibition spaces near beautiful beaches, fine dining and 5-star resorts. The MBCC welcomes more than 600,000 visitors annually and is located just twelve miles away from Miami International Airport.
Features of the Miami Beach Convention Center include:
- Newly re-imagined following a $620 million renovation, in 2015
- The Miami Beach Convention Center offers 4 Exhibition Halls: 491,654 sq. ft. (45,676 meters squared) of configurable and contiguous space, Grand Lobby: (on the west side of the building) 98,495 square feet (9,150 meters squared)
plus 1 Grand Ballroom: 60,979 square feet
- The Marriott Miami Beach is situated a few blocks away from the Miami Beach Convention Center
Miami Tourist Attractions - Marriott Miami Beach
Hotel Demand is also driven by the following popular tourist sites
- near the Marriott Miami Beach:
- Disney World - an entertainment complex of nearly 25,000 acres, in Florida. The most visited vacation resort in the world with an annual attendance of over 52 million.
- Universal Studios - is a theme park and production studio, located in Orlando, Florida, that has over 9 million visitors each year.
- NASA - The NASA Kennedy Space center, at Cape Canaveral, Florida was the launch operator for famous programs such as Apollo, Skylab, and Space Shuttle.
- Sea World - A theme park and marine zoological park, in Orlando, Florida, with over 11 million visitors annually.
- LegoLand - Legoland is a popular vacation destination featuring a 145-acre interactive theme park, water park, and on-site accommodations.
Miami, Florida Demand Drivers - Marriott Miami Beach
Hotel demand in Miami is driven by the following additional factors:
1. Florida High-Speed Rail System
- In June 2019, America’s first high-speed rail project commenced construction of the 170-mile Orlando to West Palm Beach, Miami route. It is scheduled to be completed by 2022.
2. Miami Colleges and Universities
- Numerous educational institutions of high standard in Miami, including: University of Miami - a famous private research University and Florida International University.
3. South Beach
- The Hollywood of the East, Miami’s South Beach is hot year-round. The embodiment of excess, South Beach is an international
playground offering non-stop nightlife, sandy shores, and unique architecture.
4. New World Center
- Concert hall in Miami Beach, Florida, designed by Frank Gehry. It is the home of the New World Symphony, with a capacity of 756 seats.
5. Increasing Numbers of International Visitors
- Over 112.4 million international visitors to Florida, from a record 189 countries per year.
Project Developer of Marriott Miami Beach - EB-5 Track-Record Experience
Lightstone - Project Developer
Lightstone is one of the largest privately held real estate companies in the USA, with over 175 existing properties and $6 billion in assets under management and development, including the following advantages:
- David Lichtenstein founded The Lightstone Group in 1988 and is the Chairman and Chief Executive Officer. Mr. Lichtenstein supports many social causes, donating funds and property to help those in need. He is a member of
the Board of Directors of the New York Economic Development Corporation
- 4,278 Hotel Keys, 432,000 square meters of retail property space, 15,436 Residential Units and 12,000 Land lots
- Over $1.3 billion has been invested by 28,000 investors across five public real estate funds affiliated with Lightstone
- Lightstone was awarded the Development of the Year for 2017 by The Americas Lodging Investment Summit for the Marriott Moxy Times Square
- Lightstone has many global offices so that Directors can meet clients face to face, in Shanghai, China, Hong Kong SAR, Taiwan, Manila, Philippines, Mumbai, India and Sao Paulo, Brazil
Lightstone Management Team Track-Record
Lightstone Enterprises Limited has achieved a high-grade credit rating of A+ and A1, from Standard & Poor’s and Moody’s
, for 2014–2018.
Lightstone EB-5 Track Record
Lightstone has successfully achieved a 99.8% Approval rate on I-526 Petitions and raised $400 million in EB-5 Capital from 800 Investors across 6 successful projects, with 6 successful I-924 approvals. Previous EB-5 Projects are:
365 Bond Street, New York City, NY
ARC, New York City, NY
130 William, New York City, NY
Marriott Moxy Times Square, New York City, NY
Marriott Moxy Chelsea, New York City, NY
Marriott Moxy New York University, New York City, NY
Project Development Team - Marriott Miami Beach
1. Kobi Karp Architecture and Design (KKAID), Architects
- Winner of many Architecture awards, and for over 20 years, they have provided unique, creative and innovative design solutions. To date, Kobi Karp Architecture and Interior Design has designed over $36 billion in mixed-use commercial, residential, and multifamily properties worldwide, including Miami
hotel experience: Gansevoort Hotel, Surf Club Four Seasons Hotel and Residences, and Cambria Hotel Gateway.
2. Rockwell Group - Interior Designer
- Driven by the desire to create immersive environments, Rockwell Group uses a cross-disciplinary approach to its innovative array of projects. Founded in 1984 by David Rockwell, the firm specializes in a wide array of project types, from hospitality, cultural, and healthcare, to
educational, product, and set design. Previous projects include, Vandal NYC, and The Cosmopolitan, Las Vegas.
3. G.T. McDonald, Construction Manager
- G.T. McDonald has extensive knowledge of the construction industry, and numerous previous Miami projects experience, including, Marriott Residences - Sunny Isles Beach and Tiffany House Condominium G.T. McDonald’s beachfront and inland projects, from Jacksonville to Miami Beach, have sustained
turbulent hurricane seasons without failure or water intrusion.
Job Creation & Economic Analysis - Marriott Miami Beach
A. Financing Structure
- The project is estimated to cost $123 million, which is to be funded as follows: Senior Loan of $73 million (60%) secured by a first lien mortgage on the project, Lightstone Developer Equity of $23.5 million (19%), Marriott Funding of $1.5 million and EB-5 Loan of $25 million (20%).
B. Job Creation
- According to Barnhart Economists, total employment impacts of the Marriott Miami Beach project in the Miami metro area were estimated at 1,937 jobs, consisting of 1,061 jobs for development activities and 876 jobs for operations
. These estimates include jobs generated by direct, indirect, and induced effects,
as per USCIS guidance for construction activities in excess of two years. This is 37.9 jobs per investor
, which easily meets the 10 jobs per investor requirement. Job creation contemplates an offering of $25 million from 50 EB-5 investors.
C. Targeted Employment Area (TEA)
- The new enterprise project location has been certified to be in a Targeted Employment Area (TEA), based on an aggregate unemployment rate of 7.3 percent
for eight selected contiguous census tracts (above the minimum unemployment rate of 5.9%), as at June 2019.
This designation allows a reduced investment amount of $500,000 rather than $1 million, giving the project an advantage for marketing to foreign investors.
MARRIOTT MIAMI BEACH – EB-5 VISA PROGRAM - INVESTOR PROJECT