DOWNTOWN LOS ANGELES MARRIOTT HOTEL - EB5 PROJECT FOR IMMIGRANT INVESTOR PROGRAM - IN 2019
Outlined below is our current Project open for investment in the EB-5 Immigrant Investor Program, through our Regional Centers for High Net Worth Immigration to USA and to obtain United States permanent residence (Green card):
Downtown Los Angeles Marriott Hotel (Dual Branded Moxy and AC Hotel Development)
Why Invest in the Marriott Hotel?
The Marriott is the largest hotel company in the world with 1.2 million rooms across over 6,000 hotels
in over 120 countries.
- The Marriott's core values are putting people first, pursuing excellence, embracing change and innovation, acting with integrity and serving the world to make a sustainable impact. Being part of Marriott International means being part of a proud history and a
thriving culture, with the advantage of a global advertising and branding reach
- The Hotel industry's most admired and largest loyalty program with over 100 million members
The Downtown Los Angeles Marriott Hotel will be dual-branded, serving two different markets in one hotel, as a Marriott Moxy and as a Marriott AC Hotel. Both the Moxy and AC Hotel
brands are distinctive and cater to a forward-thinking, global traveler, who craves an authentic, upscale experience:
Marriott Moxy Hotel
The Moxy brand is Marriott’s modern lifestyle concept hotel, a fresh innovative brand combining style, design, and exceptional service at an affordable price point. Moxy Hotels is Marriott International’s newest millennial-focused boutique hotel brand, including rooftop bar.
The brand is fast-growing with 28 locations across the world with more opening every year. Features of all Marriott Moxy hotels include:
- Public gathering space, lobby, and lounge
- 24/7 self-service food and beverage concept
- Rooms decorated with organic and natural materials
- High-thread-count bedding
- Upscale bath amenities
- Flat-screen 47″televisions, Convenient USB ports
- Signature art wall makes each room unique
- Fast, free Wi-Fi throughout the building, Motion-activated lights, Air-play technology
Marriott AC Hotel
AC Hotels caters to modern global travelers who demand excellence. AC Hotel’s modern European brand focuses on the small details in an environment of high design and elegant interiors. An experience that feels stylish, yet efficient. Alluring but purposeful.
Every detail is considered to provide just the beautiful essentials. Standard features of the AC Hotels include:
- Rooms 280 to 320 square feet in size
- 47″ or larger flat-screen televisions with premium cable and on-command movie options
- Complimentary wireless internet access
- Oversized ottoman or couch
- AC closet with open design
- Hairdryers, irons, ironing boards, and in-room safe
- Signature AC Hotels bath amenities
EB-5 Investment Features - Downtown Los Angeles Marriott
Secure a Green Card
- Limited Personal Guarantee - in the unlikely event of an I-526 denial, there is a guarantee to refund, from the Project Developer CEO
- 99.8% Approval rate on I-526 Petitions - Successful historical track record with USCIS with over $400 million raised across 7 projects
- Hotel Project Completion Guarantee - The Project Developer has guaranteed the completion of the project
- Strong Job Buffer - 46.9 Jobs per Investor if $65 million raised, which would be reduced if $200 million is raised
- Senior Financing agreed - Leading construction lender has committed to project
- Greenberg Traurig Attorneys - All legal documents prepared by top immigration law firm
- Experienced Developer - Lightstone is one of the largest privately held real estate companies in the US with 30 years of experience
1. Great Location
- The Downtown Los Angeles Marriott is centrally located, in vibrant Los Angeles, California, the second largest city in the United States, with a city population of nearly 4 million people.
2. Sophisticated Development Team
- Very experienced Development team, with previous EB-5 Projects, managing a simple construction plan, which increases likelihood of return of funds.
3. CPA Accountant
- Third party accountant audits flow of funds to EB-5 project.
4. Marriott International Special Investment
- Marriott has made a rare financial commitment to the Project.
5. Government Support
- The Los Angeles County government is providing over $95 million in support of the Downtown Los Angeles Marriott project, including millions in tax incentives.
6. Los Angeles Hotel Market
- Large increases in average daily rate and occupancy in 2018.
7. Project Status
- Development has commenced and anticipated completion is in September 2021.
Property Features and Overview - Downtown Los Angeles Marriott
The main features of the new Downtown LA Marriott Project will be:
- 589,581 Square feet, 744 Rooms (384 room Moxy branded hotel and 360 room AC branded hotel)
- 38 stories tall, with 31-stories consisting of hotel rooms atop a 7-story podium. The podium is expected to include restaurant space with stunning city views, outdoor space, retail space, hotel lobbies, and the parking garage
- 11,000 Square meters of retail space
- Three 50 Square meter tall LED Displays
- Outdoor space - includes patio and pool comprising approximately 20,000 square feet.
- Hotel address - 1248 South Figueroa Street, Los Angeles, Los Angeles County, California
- Maturity Date of Loan - 31 December 2023
- Interest rate - 0.25%
- Investment Amount - $500,000 USD
- Admin Fee - $50,000 USD
- Return of Funds - Payback before I-829 approval (after 2 years conditional green card)
Reasons to Invest in the Los Angeles Hotel Market
Los Angeles continues to rank as one of the most desirable destinations in the world for tourists and business travelers with a strong and steady growth in demand and thriving hotel market as proven by:
1. Hotel Occupancy rate
- 6.2% increase in hotel occupancy in 2017, and average occupancy of 81.7%.
2. Los Angeles Overnight and Day Visitors Increasing
- Attracting over 48 million tourists in 2017, projected to exceed 50 million tourists by 2020.
3. Revenue per available Room comparison
- 7.3% Average annual growth from 2014 to 2017.
4. Los Angeles is a significant Business city
- center of banking and finance, retailing, world trade, theater and the arts, transportation, tourism, real estate, insurance fashion, and more.
5. Major Developers are investing in Downtown Los Angeles
- Major Developers are investing billions in Downtown LA to meet surging demand. There are over 26 recent and upcoming hotel developments in Downtown Los Angeles, including: Carwash Tower, 820 Olive, The Project at Pico, 1133 Hope and Barry Shy Tower.
6. Los Angeles Convention Centre
- The LA Convention Centre gets over 2 million annual visitors, more than 350 annual events, and Exhibit hall space of 750,000 square foot. The Convention Centre has created a strong demand for local hotels:
7. Hotel Demand is also driven by the following popular sites
- As the LA Convention Center grows, there is a need for approximately 8,000 rooms within walking distance in order to accommodate 90% of convention center demand according to city leaders.
- The LA Convention Center is undergoing a major site expansion and renovation. Once complete, there will be over 1 Million Square foot of exhibit space
- Los Angeles County has been very supportive of Downtown Los Angeles Marriott because of the need for these additional hotel rooms
- Downtown LA Marriott is situated directly across the street from the LA Convention Center. The Downtown LA Marriott will fill the need to have hotel rooms within .4 kilometer of the LA Convention Center
- near the Downtown Marriott:
- Staples Center - The Downtown LA Marriott will be in a prime location, directly across the road from the Staples Center. This 20,000-seat, $400 million arena houses the NBA’s Los Angeles Lakers and Clippers and the NHL’s Kings and hosts over 250 entertainment and sports events
annually. Recent major events include the Grammy’s and MTV Music Awards.
- L.A. Live - L.A. Live features sport venues, night clubs, restaurants, a bowling alley, museum and movie theaters and is the
premier destination for live entertainment in Downtown Los Angeles.
- Disneyland - Disneyland is a theme park that has a larger cumulative attendance than any other theme park in the world with
708 million visitors throughout its 9 different themed locations.
- Hollywood - Home of the U.S. film industry, over 3.5 million visitors visit Hollywood every year. Hollywood houses most of the
film industry’s studios and is a top tourist destination for cinephiles from worldwide.
- Los Angeles 2028 Olympics - Los Angeles has received the 2028 Olympic bid, giving the city a decade to prepare for the economic influx and
added post-event revenue that should catapult the city into a higher ranking of dominant world cities.
Developer of Downtown L.A. Marriott - EB-5 Track-Record Experience
Lightstone - Project Developer
Lightstone is one of the largest privately held real estate companies in the USA, with over 175 exisiting properties and $6 billion in assets under management and development, including the following advantages:
- David Lichtenstein founded The Lightstone Group in 1988 and is the Chairman and Chief Executive Officer. Mr. Lichtenstein supports many social causes, donating funds and property to help those in need. He is a member of
the Board of Directors of the New York Economic Development Corporation
- 4,278 Hotel Keys, 432,000 square meters of retail property space, 15,436 Residential Units and 12,000 Land lots
- Over $1.3 billion has been invested by 28,000 investors across five public real estate funds affiliated with Lightstone
- Lightstone was awarded the Development of the Year for 2017 by The Americas Lodging Investment Summit for the Marriott Moxy Times Square
- Lightstone has many global offices so that Directors can meet clients face to face, in Shanghai, China, Hong Kong SAR, Taiwan, Manila, Philippines, Mumbai, India and Sao Paulo, Brazil
Lightstone Management Team Track-Record
Lightstone Enterprises Limited has achieved a high-grade credit rating of A+ and A1, from Standard & Poor’s and Moody’s
, for 2014–2018.
Lightstone EB-5 Track Record
Lightstone has successfully achieved a 99.8% Approval rate on I-526 Petitions and raised $400 million in EB-5 Capital from 800 Investors across 6 successful projects, with 6 successful I-924 approvals. Previous EB-5 Projects are:
365 Bond Street, New York City, NY
ARC, New York City, NY
130 William, New York City, NY
Marriott Moxy Times Square, New York City, NY
Marriott Moxy Chelsea, New York City, NY
Marriott Moxy New York University, New York City, NY
Project Development Team - Downtown Los Angeles Marriott
1. Turner - Construction company
- Turner is one of the largest construction management companies in the world. The company has earned recognition for undertaking large, complex projects,
fostering innovation, embracing emerging technologies, and making a difference for their clients, employees and community. With a staff of over 5,200 employees,
the company completes $10 billion of construction on 1,500 projects each year.
2. Gensler & Lehrer - Architects
- Gensler is the largest architectural firm in the world with revenues over $1.1 billion. As a global architecture, design, and planning firm, Gensler has 44 locations
and more than 5,000 professionals networked across Asia, Europe, Australia, the Middle East, and the Americas. Their projects include Facebook’s Headquarters, Shanghai Tower, Portman Ritz Carlton,
Rio 2016 Olympic Park, Abu Dhabi Financial Centre and the Ritz Carlton, JW Marriott and the Metropolis in Los Angeles.
3. AHBE, Landscape Architects
- AHBE is an award-winning landscape architectural firm that is committed to sustainable design. The company evaluates each site to determine its larger ecological connections to natural land. Previous hospitality projects include, Pacific Palms Hotel and Shore hotel.
4. Marriott International, Inc.
- Marriott is the franchisor, and has executed an agreement to manage the hotel component of the Project. Marriott was founded by J. Willard and Alice S. Marriott in 1927,
guided by J.W. “Bill” Marriott, Jr. for nearly 60 years, and now led by Chief Executive Officer Arne Sorenson. Marriott is headquartered in Bethesda, Maryland, USA, and reported revenues of nearly $15 billion in fiscal year 2014. Marriott is the franchisor or owner of
approximately 270,000 hotel rooms among its various hotel brands, which are spread out across 5,700 hotels in more than 110 countries.
Job Creation & Economic Analysis - Downtown LA Marriott
A. Financing Structure
- The project is estimated to cost $460 million, which is to be funded as follows: Senior Loan of $308 million (67%) secured by a first lien mortgage on the project, Lightstone Developer Equity of $88 million (19%) and EB-5 Loan of $65 million (14%).
B. Job Creation
- According to Barnhart Economists, the Downtown Los Angeles project will create approximately 6,096 projected jobs
including 4,447 jobs for development/construction activities and 1,649 jobs for the first year of hotel operations, including all direct, indirect and induced regional multiplier effects applied.
This is 46.9 jobs per investor
, which easily meets the 10 jobs per investor requirement. Job creation contemplates an offering of $65 million from 130 EB-5 investors.
C. Targeted Employment Area (TEA)
- The new enterprise project has been certified to be in a Targeted Employment Area (TEA), based on an aggregate unemployment rate of 7.06%
for the proposed project area (above the minimum unemployment rate of 5.9%), as at June 2019. This designation allows a reduced investment amount of $500,000
rather than $1 million, giving the project an advantage for marketing to foreign investors.
DOWNTOWN LOS ANGELES MARRIOTT – EB-5 INVESTOR VISA PROGRAM PROJECT