MALTA INDIVIDUAL INVESTOR PROGRAMME (IIP) - CONTACT VISACONNECT!
Malta Citizenship for Exceptional Services by Direct Investment - Individual Investor Programme - Overview
The Maltese archipelago lies virtually at the centre of the Mediterranean, 93 km south of Sicily and 288 km north of Africa. The archipelago consists of
three islands: Malta, Gozo and Comino. In 2014, the population of Malta was estimated to be 445,000 inhabitants, occupying an area of 316 square kilometers.
Malta is the largest island and the cultural, commercial and administrative centre. Gozo is the second largest island and is more rural, characterised by fishing, tourism, crafts and agriculture.
Comino, the smallest of the trio, has one hotel and is largely uninhabited. Malta is renowned for sunny weather, attractive beaches, a thriving nightlife and 7,000 years of intriguing history, medieval towers, wayside chapels and the oldest known human structures in the world.
Investment requirements for IIP Citizenship in Malta, in 2021
- Applicant Investor's will be able to make a contribution of at least €600,000 EUR (or €750,000 EUR by exception)
depending on the residence status length (36 months or 12 months, respectively), and a Contribution of €50,000 EUR for each Dependent.
2. Purchase or Rental of Property
3. Mandatory Donation
- A. Purchase - The purchase of a residential property (Real Estate) in Malta of at least €700,000 EUR (previously €350,000), which must be held for five years, or
- B. Rental - Alternatively, the lease of a residential property with a rental value of at least €16,000 EUR per annum, also held for five years. Note that the property cannot be sublet during this five-year period. A 36-month (or 18-month, by exception) lease agreement or property purchase is required during the residence period.
- A mandatory donation of €10,000 EUR
to a registered sport, cultural, scientific, philanthropic, animal welfare, or artistic non-governmental organization or society, as approved by the Community Malta Agency.
Contact VisaConnect's specialist Consultants, together with our partner Malta Lawyers, in 2021, for advice and assistance with an application for the Malta Individual Investor Programme to obtain Malta Citizenship and a Malta EU Passport! Maltese Citizenship allows the applicant and their family to live, work,
and study on the incredible island of Malta through an investment in Malta Property (Real Estate) and Contribution!
Malta Individual Investor Programme (Malta Citizenship by Investment)
For more information about Malta Citizenship eligibility and requirements, see our web page and pdf document below: